out with the old....in with the new...

Ryan218

well here's the deal...my buddy bought a 95 3.8 5 speed stang last monday that needed an oil pump...we put a new oil pump on it and had it running perfect. today the engine built to much pressure and blew it out...

so we have decided that were putting a motor out of a supercoupe in it...

thanks Shane & Shawn!!!

were going to start pulling the motor around 5 opn tuesday

here is what were starting with... 98k miles with no rust and clear title... :nice:

were pulling the 3.8 out after school tuesday...

here are the pics..it will be getting painted ect later on..maybe some 18" bullets!

0829071614.jpg

95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor003.jpg

95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor006.jpg

95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor007.jpg

started today!

yanked the engine out today...took about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish....we made a mess :rolleyes:

all went well and smooth...pretty easy pull..

here are some pics..

95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor007.jpg

95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor009.jpg

95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor011.jpg

95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor014.jpg

95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor015.jpg

95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor016.jpg

95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor017.jpg

Ohh no, you cut the exhaust. Now how are you going to get it done by the weekend? You guys are going to need some serious help :eek: :p :D

Shane

Ohh no, you cut the exhaust. Now how are you going to get it done by the weekend? You guys are going to need some serious help :eek: :p :D

Shane

dont worry...you think we are going to leave that 1 muffler thunder on there...on no no...stright piped out the back with dynomax and then dumped for now... who needs catz anyways!

Last edited:
SC motor is at dillons place now...being painted then were going to drop it in friday...

SC motor is at dillons place now...being painted then were going to drop it in friday...

No pics of the painting action? :( Anyways its going to be interesting to see what a bright orange SC motor looks like in a dark green slowstang :eek:

Shane

Bright orange!?!?!?! I think he should give me an extra $100 for that motor for painting it like a chevy...shame shame...:(

Are you guys planning to use the entire SC motor including accesories, and supercharger or just the shortblock and heads ?

David

I am pretty sure that they will be using an entire SC engine for their swap.

Shane

yup correct..iv been reading up though and im not sure if were going have to use the SC harness....a guy used his stock mustang harness with no problems...with stock ECU but with a Tune...will the SC ecu plug into the mustang harness?

shane do you think it would be better going with the SC harness and computer?

yup correct..iv been reading up though and im not sure if were going have to use the SC harness....a guy used his stock mustang harness with no problems...with stock ECU but with a Tune...will the SC ecu plug into the mustang harness?

shane do you think it would be better going with the SC harness and computer?

I don't think this is going to be a plug and play type deal...btw what year SC motor are you using ? 89-93 uses differnt style balancer, crank trigger and sensor than a 94-95 and I have no idea what the 3.8 mustang uses.

David

I don't think this is going to be a plug and play type deal...btw what year SC motor are you using ? 89-93 uses differnt style balancer, crank trigger and sensor than a 94-95 and I have no idea what the 3.8 mustang uses.

David

Its a '90 SC motor out of a 35th.

Shane

motor mounts and headers are on...will do cluch sometime friday or this weekend...depends when shane is free...

Back