PDA

View Full Version : spinning wheels 10% pulley alignment problem

mywhite89
09-04-2007, 11:04 AM
anybody have a problem with spinning wheels sc pulleys? I know the pulley is on as far as it can possiby go but the belt slightly rides the inside lip of the pulley. I grenaded my belt on saturday night, so it must be that time to fix the problem.

The pulley needs the inside section where it meets the supercharger machined like .010-.015 so it rides correctly I'm guessing. The machine shop wants like $50 to do this. I'm thinking about just buying one off Bill at scp, but I want to make sure I am not the only one who has had a problem. I talked to Victor, he said he had a problem at one point, just seeing what others have done to fix the problem.

Chris

Mike8675309
09-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Are you sure it's all the way back? When you remove the bolt is the front of the pulley flush with the end of the blower shaft? It must be.

If it is hitting the ribs on the blower when pressing on, you need to grind some clearance on the 3 or 4 fins that are a little taller right there at the snout.

mywhite89
09-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Are you sure it's all the way back? When you remove the bolt is the front of the pulley flush with the end of the blower shaft? It must be.

If it is hitting the ribs on the blower when pressing on, you need to grind some clearance on the 3 or 4 fins that are a little taller right there at the snout.

I heated it up before I put it on, and it slid all the way on with no problem. Then I impacted the nut on just to make sure. I can see on the back side of pulley where it has been touching the stopper on the snout just before the seal. I am pretty sure it is on as far as it can go. I took the pulley off tonight, I am going to have a machine shop take .015 off the inside lip of that thing. If I ruin it, I ruin it I guess. I'll let ya know how it goes. This is the only thing I can think of to fix it. I think it is just slightly off.

the-big-e
09-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Someone must have inputted wrong numbers in the CNC program.....:rolleyes:

nickleman60
09-04-2007, 10:20 PM
you should be able to see 1 or 2 threads sticking out past the nut.

Mike8675309
09-04-2007, 10:29 PM
I would contact spinning wheels directly if there is any problem. I'm sure they would make good on it and are going to be best able to tell you what to do.

mywhite89
09-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Victor told me he did have a problem with a batch. I bought this pulley off a guy on here(It was never installed). Kinda hard to get back with Victor on something I didn't buy from him. Either way, Victor didn't give me a specific fix to the problem. I told him my plan, he didn't have anything against it:rolleyes:. Who knows guys, I gotta try something though, because its not doing my $35 supercharger belts any good as it is. If that doesn't work, i'll stick the stock pulley on their and buy a 10% crank pulley if I have to.

mannysc
09-05-2007, 02:13 AM
loosen the blower hold down bolts push it back as far as it will go re tighten it that should give you a little they can be moved slightly have someone pry it back for you as you loosen and retighten the bolts