Coolant Temp Sensor Location

dklitzke

Help me out here you guys, where is the coolant temp sensor located on a
'95? I am replacing the coolant temp sensor, coolant temp switch and oil pressure sensor, hopefully tonight after work. Thanks.

Don

:cool:

well, theres 2 coolant temp sensors. one that controls the fan, which is to the right of the DIS. and the other one which tells the gauge inside what to read , is behind the alternator tensioner.

Need your help again

I just replaced the temp switch next to the bleeder valve (by the DIS). The fan still comes on soon as you start the car. Still cannot locate where the coolant temp sensor is located. The cheesy Haynes book calls the one next the DIS a temp sensor. Advance Auto Parts sold me the switch AND the temp sensor as separate parts. Also, what tool works to change the oil pressure sending unit? Appreciate you guys shedding some light here. :D

I just replaced the temp switch next to the bleeder valve (by the DIS). The fan still comes on soon as you start the car. Still cannot locate where the coolant temp sensor is located. The cheesy Haynes book calls the one next the DIS a temp sensor. Advance Auto Parts sold me the switch AND the temp sensor as separate parts. Also, what tool works to change the oil pressure sending unit? Appreciate you guys shedding some light here. :D

The other sensor is in the thermistat housing that the radiator hose runs to.

Attachments

• front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 109

the one by the DIS has to be run all the the way in or it still wont work right. and yea, the other one is to the right of the thermostat housing. just follow the top radiator hose.

the oil pressure sensor socket is a 1 1/16 size. i think advance auto has them labled "oil pressure sensor tool" in the tools aisle.

Back