Replacement Puller Fan, Anything After Market?

rickbtbird

What is being used for an after market replacement fan that fits onto the puller motor or fan shroud assembly that attaches to radiator? I would bet my bottom dollar that nobody is buying them from Ford. Just the replacement fan cost is $275.00 and up just for the fan. The shroud isn't even available anymore.

Well anyway, my fan wobbles around because the groves are elongated and motor bushing where the fan installs onto the spindle is bad/cracked and broken. You just can't replace the bushing on the motor either, which seems sort of screwy. There must be a press on bushing somewhere in the world that would make a good fit.

For the price of just the Ford Fan there must be something after market that is of good quality.

ive heard of people getting the 9-blade fan from a taurus. not sure what year, i think early 90's. but i know it moves alot of air. could pick one up at a junk yard or ebay. and i think the shroud just bolts right in.

maybe do a search for "taurus fan" ?

Siemens makes a replacement fan motor for both the early model and late model SC's. Around $120 last time I checked/ Advance or Auto Zone should be able to get you one.

Here is my secret shame. I stole the factory fan motor for my 90, so I scrambled together a Permacool 14" 2800cfm fan. I took the cage off of the kit that came with it and bolted the motor to the shroud by drilling holes in the plastic and using washers to hold it together. Then I got their fan controller with external sensor and wired it up.

So far it keeps my 93 below the R on NORM all the time. I haven't really adjusted the thermostat as it seems fine. Once I get an actual coolant temp gauge I'll try to get more accurate settings. Two cavets on my experience. My A/C is not currently functional. And I'm running Evans NPG+R coolant.

I knew the 14" fan would fit in the shroud, though after measuring, I'm guessing their 16" would fit.

if you need a new shroud, you could probably fab something up with some sheet metal.

This is the fan
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PRM-19114&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Siemens makes a replacement fan motor for both the early model and late model SC's. Around $120 last time I checked/ Advance or Auto Zone should be able to get you one.
I can get the motor at any parts store in any town around here. That's not the issue. I need a good quality fan/shroud that works with our wire harness.

I would look up the thread where the guy put a standard radiator in his car and showed how he fabbed up the mount for the fan.

Here is the thread. I already have the griffen, so it's not worth it to me, but it may be for you.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92454&highlight=radiator

That's awesome but, much more then I could do on with my limited skills. I'm a computer geek and a mechanic want-to-be! I don't think I could do the fab but if I could see one done in person I'm sure I could monkey rig something to that affect without all the polish. Geeze I swear I'm going to buy a 2008 Challenger and give the birds to someone I don't like, just to be crewel.:D

OK??????? So exactly what part is worn out on your OEM Fan Assembly? The motor shaft fits through the rotating fan blades themselves and has the retaining clip holding it to the shaft. Are you saying you can't find a used SC fan assembly or you "desire" to switch to an aftermarket part?

OK??????? So exactly what part is worn out on your OEM Fan Assembly? The motor shaft fits through the rotating fan blades themselves and has the retaining clip holding it to the shaft. Are you saying you can't find a used SC fan assembly or you "desire" to switch to an aftermarket part?

The fitting on the fan is elongated. The bushing on the motor shaft is broken. Do you want a picture? A new fan from Ford is $275.00, if you can get one. If nobody has a used one that's in good shape then I'll see what I can get after market that won't break the bank. Is that okay with you? :rolleyes:

Thank you for the clarification. Now.....since you were so pleasant in your answer I will wish you good luck in finding wh:mad:at you have now described instead of offering you one of the two fan assemblies I have at home.

Thank you for the clarification. Now.....since you were so pleasant in your answer I will wish you good luck in finding wh:mad:at you have now described instead of offering you one of the two fan assemblies I have at home.

The description was in my first post in this thread. If you would have taken the time to read it, you wouldn't have come off as some arrogant know it all teenager.

I have the same problem on my '95 in the fan blade, it's elongated. You can rock the fan around since there's so much play. I don't have a solution unfortunately. Just wondering what a suitable replacement would be??

The description was in my first post in this thread. If you would have taken the time to read it, you wouldn't have come off as some arrogant know it all teenager.

Rick,

Duffy is the co-owner/administrator of SCCoA and the way I read it, he was seeking clarifacition as to exactly what your trying to accomplish.

"arrogant know it all teenager" Now that's funny stuff :D

David

PS: Stock fan is one of the best you will find..used replacements are easy to find in the classified section. If you want aftermarket, Magnum Powers may be willing to sell you the 16" low profile Spal fan and matching shroud they use as part of the MP FMIC kit.

Rick,

Duffy is the co-owner/administrator of SCCoA and the way I read it, he was seeking clarifacition as to exactly what your trying to accomplish.

"arrogant know it all teenager" Now that's funny stuff :D

David

PS: Stock fan is one of the best you will find..used replacements are easy to find in the classified section. If you want aftermarket, Magnum Powers may be willing to sell you the 16" low profile Spal fan and matching shroud they use as part of the MP FMIC kit.

I think I might have a couple of used fans or complete shroud assemblies lined up. Thanks for the information on the MP FMIC kit. I'll check it out.

I don't know about anybody else but after pulling apart the fan from the motor spindle I really didn't like what I saw there. Very cheeses setup if you ask me. Seem like it's designed to break. Most definitely not worth buying from Ford for the likes of $275.00 just for the fan, then another $100.00+ for the motor where the only thing wrong with it is a bad bushing.

I know Duffy is my age and I still see it as arrogant but it's all about interpretation I guess. OK??????????? ;)

Here is my secret shame. I stole the factory fan motor for my 90, so I scrambled together a Permacool 14" 2800cfm fan. I took the cage off of the kit that came with it and bolted the motor to the shroud by drilling holes in the plastic and using washers to hold it together. Then I got their fan controller with external sensor and wired it up.

So far it keeps my 93 below the R on NORM all the time. I haven't really adjusted the thermostat as it seems fine. Once I get an actual coolant temp gauge I'll try to get more accurate settings. Two cavets on my experience. My A/C is not currently functional. And I'm running Evans NPG+R coolant.

I knew the 14" fan would fit in the shroud, though after measuring, I'm guessing their 16" would fit.

if you need a new shroud, you could probably fab something up with some sheet metal.

This is the fan
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PRM-19114&N=700+115&autoview=sku

I run 2 of those fans.....

top view...

70889.jpg

The fitting on the fan is elongated. The bushing on the motor shaft is broken. Do you want a picture? A new fan from Ford is $275.00, if you can get one. If nobody has a used one that's in good shape then I'll see what I can get after market that won't break the bank. Is that okay with you? :rolleyes:

Tell you what. I still don't know w t h you are talking about based on your words, but I kinda figured it out.

I guess I would have described it as this.

On my cooling fan, the actual fan blade assembly that attaches to the shaft from the motor is screwed up. The hub of the fan that clips onto the shaft is worn so that it wobbles on the shaft. So I need a new fan blade assembly to attach to my stock fan motor. Anyone got a clue where I could find the new fan blade assembly?

That way it is clear what you are talking about. Then I would have said... I think I have one sitting in a box in my garage from when I swapped out my unit for an after market fan.

The point is, no need to denigrate folks that are trying to help you just because you understand what help you are asking for but they don't. We all have our own perspective on stuff. I know I sure screw up enough times with understanding what folks are asking about.

I have the same problem. My fan motor went bad so I purchased an oem replacement aftermarket fan motor. The original fan just slid right onto the shaft of the new fan motor. There's a lot of play now and it causes a vibration throughout the entire car when the fan is spinning.

The excess play actually wore down the fan and I had to swap in another oem one. The same problem is occuring and it's just a matter of time before the fan bushing wears out on this fan too!

Is there a aftermarket fan that fits tightly on the aftermarket replacement motor?

Boy this seems to be getting quite controversial. We've used the words Bushings, Hubs, Shafts, Spindles, Fan, Shrouds, Motors, and Clips now... Well so far three people are having the same problem. I bet there's a lot more.

I seem to like the Summit fan as it doesn't seem to need major fabrication to install. The 16" Zirgo Chrome 3000 CFM looks nice but I don't think I could do the same fabrication as was done but maybe it could be simplified to my skills. With both, I'm worried about the connection to the computer producing a CEL.

Anybody else have any sucess with after market?

Minor correction....I am NOT a co-owner of the SCCoA. But I am on the Board of Directors and am a Co-Adminstrator.

As for the rest of your comments Rick....whatever. You can interpret my attempt at trying to figure out what you were trying to accomplish in any manner you choose but regardless I was trying to help. Not so sure in your case I will make the attempt in the future. But then again you probably don't require it so no one loses.

Minor correction....I am NOT a co-owner of the SCCoA. But I am on the Board of Directors and am a Co-Adminstrator.

As for the rest of your comments Rick....whatever. You can interpret my attempt at trying to figure out what you were trying to accomplish in any manner you choose but regardless I was trying to help. Not so sure in your case I will make the attempt in the future. But then again you probably don't require it so no one loses.

OK??????????????? Thanks for the explanation. If your insulted well I'm sorry for my jack ~~~ interruption.

Back