PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Radiator Group Buy - Raceware (CLOSED)

gldiii
09-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Duffy has been working with Dave Gerard at Raceware for a couple of years now to produce a welded aluminum radiator and that unit has finally been built. It is a fully welded unit with no epoxy.

Dave Gerard is offering an initial group buy on these radiators that we will keep posted here for about six weeks. After that, I'm sure prices will be higher.

Pricing is as follows (INCLUDES Shipping to the Lower 48 US States, contact Dave for other locations.)

1-10 $564.95
11-20 $524.95
20 + $494.95

Please contact Dave directly for with questions and to purchase one of these aluminum radiators. Email is probably the best way to contact him.

Dave Gerard
Raceware Inc.
2880 Berrgey Rd.
Unit E
Hatfield, PA 19440

raceware15@comcast.net (Dave Gerard - Raceware)

Orders only: 877-343-7273
Tech help: 215-345-7297

There is a 2 year warranty on workmanship. All rads will ship with a trans cooler. The filler neck will be modified so a right angle adaptor can be swapped side to side for the early and late models. Distilled water is highly recommended. 2 row core with 1.25 tubes. Duffy will bring the prototype to the Shoot Out.

rzibilske77
09-08-2007, 11:26 AM
AWESOME, i knew it was just a matter of time that we would have something like this available to us again.....SWEET....Very nice!.....Ill be the 1st to commit.

V6Sprout
09-08-2007, 03:15 PM
what about the rads that use the post for the top mount, aren't there two different style upper mounts for the rads Mine has a post sticking up on each side.

gldiii
09-08-2007, 03:40 PM
what about the rads that use the post for the top mount, aren't there two different style upper mounts for the rads Mine has a post sticking up on each side.

There are two different stock style mounts. The earlier style rad can be mounted in all SC/XR7s by using the early style straight through mounting holes. I have not seen this prototype but the previous version had an elongated tab on the passenger side to accomodate all years.

Maybe Duffy or Dave can explain more about how this works.

Duffy Floyd
09-08-2007, 05:04 PM
George

You are correct.....this version uses an elongated tab so the stock bolt locations and bushing can be used. For you later model fellows you will need to get some bushings but will be able to use the stock rad. support bolt holes to mount the radiator. This was done so it was not necessary to make two different models which drives up the cost. Same for why all radiators will come with a tranny cooler. Also the reason you will be supplied with a right angle adaptor to be used with the coolant overflow so you can direct flow to the passenger side or driver's for your overflow tube to the reservoir.

Duffy Floyd
09-10-2007, 08:15 PM
So how many folks are interested in this? While Dave Gerard will be running the Group Buy it would still be nice to know how things are progressing.

Just so everyone knows....while Dave is an AFCO supplier...this unit is NOT made by AFCO. It IS American made though and does not use a foreign cheap core. Also the final version will have a billet filler neck not the item as shown on the prototype rad. pics.

The unit will not be installed in my car for the Shoot-out so everyone in attendance will get a real good chance to examine the unit for themselves.

99GSXR750
09-10-2007, 08:52 PM
So how many folks are interested in this? While Dave Gerard will be running the Group Buy it would still be nice to know how things are progressing.

Just so everyone knows....while Dave is an AFCO supplier...this unit is NOT made by AFCO. It IS American made though and does not use a foreign cheap core. Also the final version will have a billet filler neck not the item as shown on the prototype rad. pics.

The unit will not be installed in my car for the Shoot-out so everyone in attendance will get a real good chance to examine the unit for themselves.

For the 20+ price I'd be interested. Also, can this be picked up at his shop as I live close by.
Mike

Duffy Floyd
09-10-2007, 09:04 PM
I assume so but better ask Dave about that.

free90sc
09-10-2007, 09:54 PM
for the 20 and over price,cash in hand::D

Duffy Floyd
09-11-2007, 12:22 PM
The price quoted INCLUDES shipping anywhere in the lower 48. If you are in Canade or outside the Continential US you will need to contact Dave concerning the shipping cost.

scron94
09-11-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm interested one of these too.

Ron

rzibilske77
09-11-2007, 07:54 PM
The price quoted INCLUDES shipping anywhere in the lower 48. If you are in Canade or outside the Continential US you will need to contact Dave concerning the shipping cost.

shipping included..................now if 20 of us can get it done that is a sweet deal.
cash is in hand and ready........really ready summers tough on the sc:D

Decolores1011
09-13-2007, 03:47 AM
Wish this had come out a month ago as mine just went and had to replace it asap as it is my daily driver. This one looks alot better. Good luck with it.

83GT460
09-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I will be in for one as well, and of course I would prefer the 20 plus pricing but if we can't get that many I will still purchase one. As Robert said Texas heat and the SC don't make for a good combo!

Charles

SC Kydd
09-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Sign me up! 20 and up price would be great, but curing years of frustration with my cooling system would be worth it at whatever level.

Tony

WeinerK
09-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Sign me up as well. I'm definately in for one.

rzibilske77
09-19-2007, 11:46 AM
doesn't seem like theres very much interest here.
i re-read the original posting and it states to contact them directly for questions and order...
is anyone compiling a list?........how do we know how many are interested(seriously)so we know what price we are looking at.......
im ready when the other 19 are:)

franky_402
09-19-2007, 05:29 PM
if i can wait for about another month i will definetly be getting one!!!

Dave@RACEWARE
09-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi guys I just wanted to jump in an introduce myself and give you a little history about this project. I have been in the Performance Industy for well over 25 years starting as a crew member for a local bracket racer then on to the NHRA Super classes winning a national title in Super Gas and division titles in Super street and Super gas. From there I was recruted by Kenny Koretsky to work with his Pro Stock and Top Fuel Opperation before taking jobs with Jet-Hot Coatings and Transmission Specialties. My last racing effot was with the NMRA where my 5.0 Mustang set the national record in Pure Street. I open Raceware Inc. 9 years ago as a general speed shop but quickly realized their was a dire need for custom cooling systems. That's were Extreeme Cooling Concepts came from. We are a shop of 3 die hards that strive to put out the best product possible for your needs. With my back ground in the performace world and the skills of my fabricatiors both of wich have aerospace backrounds, I believe we make an unbeatable team and the proof is in the product.
As for this project Duffy and George approached me serveral years ago because of their disadifaction with another companies product. We tried to get Afco to built one and it was not much better. This spring Duffy contacted me and still felt there was the need, and with our total control of the product, produced the unit you see. This is a prototype so if there are any moditication you would like to see please contact me and we can make the changes. You guys are the exeprts on these cars so your help is appriciated.

Dave Gerard
Raceware Inc.
877-343-7273

Dave@RACEWARE
09-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Robert so far we have 7 people that say they are interested but 0 orders to date. We have created a part number(MC2010) for this unit so when you call or e-mail you order refer to that part number and year of the car.

Dave@RACEWARE
09-20-2007, 02:24 PM
There seems to be some confusion on how to get on the list to get one of these radiators. This is actually the first group buy that I have been involved in so excuse me if I seen a little disorganized. What I'm thinking is that people can either call or e-mail their name, address, daytime phone number and billing information to me and I can compile the list. Then after the GP runs its course we can determine the cost and delivery time. I hope this helps and if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.
Dave Gerard
Raceware Inc
raceware15@comcast.net
877-343-7273

Dave@RACEWARE
09-21-2007, 01:32 PM
1 ordered 19 to go. Thanks Tony

rzibilske77
09-21-2007, 01:44 PM
do we have a date that this group purchase is being closed?
I will send in the requested info to get on the list, but would like to know when my cc would be charged.
Thanks in advance

Robert

SC Kydd
09-21-2007, 03:49 PM
When I spoke with Dave, he just took my contact information (not my c.c. number) and was going to get back to me for the number when he compiled the final head count. As far as I know, he did not have a firm closing date in mind yet. I was wondering if there was anyone here that was also a member at TCCoA who could post the link to this thread and possibly generate a little more interest? It might even drum up a few new members. :)

Duffy Floyd
09-21-2007, 04:51 PM
I sent a PM to Sir William the same day George started this thread. No response. George followed up with an email today hoping he will post it. Neither George or I have posting rights at the TCCoA in the Group Buy Forum.

Originally we were thinking a total of 6 weeks for the Group Buy. Hopefully that would allow folks time to align their finances.

rzibilske77
09-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Dave.............email has been sent:)

Dave@RACEWARE
09-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Got it! That's 4

IdoXLr8
09-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi, I have a 90'SC with a 5.0...anything avalable for this application? thanks

mywhite89
10-10-2007, 08:42 AM
How much thicker are these radiators then stock?

Duffy Floyd
10-10-2007, 08:54 AM
The AL radiator is just under 3" thick. Don't have the stock radiator's measurements but do know you can use the OEM fan shroud and fan with no fitment problems.

This radiator has a two row core with 1.25" tubes. According to Dave they haven't really seen cooling improvement with duel row 1.5" cores since there is an increasing restriction to air flow the thicker you make the radiator.

mywhite89
10-10-2007, 12:07 PM
The AL radiator is just under 3" thick. Don't have the stock radiator's measurements but do know you can use the OEM fan shroud and fan with no fitment problems.

This radiator has a two row core with 1.25" tubes. According to Dave they haven't really seen cooling improvement with duel row 1.5" cores since there is an increasing restriction to air flow the thicker you make the radiator.

Thats not a whole lot thicker then stock. I am more worried about room with the mpfmic. Looks like that wont be a problem though. I want one.

Kurt K
10-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Thats not a whole lot thicker then stock. I am more worried about room with the mpfmic. Looks like that wont be a problem though. I want one.
I think this radiator is about the same width as a Griffin and David Neibert is running a Griffin and MPFMIC together....it's tight, but it fits.

Flex
10-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Duffy/George/Dave,

Could you post all dimensions?

How much greater cooling will this provide? Can normal fluid such as prestone or havoline extended life be used?

My car is lowered 1.5 " and last week was overheating even though the temp was only 5*C (40*F). I need to know if this will cure the problem.

What is the added shipping cost to Canada?

Duffy Floyd
10-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Doubtful this radiator will sove your problem if you are overheating at 40 deg. F outside temp. You have something else wrong that is causing that problem.

Do you have some special mods that you need all the dimensions? Anything of particualr concern since to take them ALL would take quite a while. It is designed to fit both early and late models and allows the use of a stock IC with no mods needed.

Flex
10-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Duffy,

I have been through the motor and there is nothing else wrong. I have tried the tstat and fluid and the usual checks. Everything is normal.

I have read others post overheating problems with lowered cars. I have seen claims that 1.25 tube 2 row aluminum is equivalent to a 3 row normal rad which has 30% greater cooling over a two.

I purchased a large double pusher fan (3300 cfm) which I intend to mount before the condenser/rad but would consider this as well.

I just wanted the dimensions of the rad itself not the bracketry.

Dave@RACEWARE
10-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Flex I have to agree with Dufy on you overheating situation. Be carefull of pusher fans. If it is the unit with flat fans a shroud with the gasket NEVER USE THIS TYPE AS A PUSHER! the reason being is that all it will do is become an obstruction on the front of the radiator. Over 45mph fans are basicly useless and by clogging up the front of the radiator with obstructions you will create overheating at higher speeds.
As for capasity differances a twin 1" core aluminum radiator is equal to a 4 core brass copper. That being said the twin 1.25 core would be equal to a 5 core brass cooper which is a much greater than stock. Couple that with the tube having a greater surface area for coolant and 14 fin per inch spacing to allow grater air flow through the core makes this unit light years better than stock. Bottom line with overheating accuring in such mild temps. I would guess there is a problem with one of the cooling system componets and further investigation is warrented.

Flex
10-15-2007, 01:18 PM
The Fan is a non gasketed twin with stand off brakets and a curved 5 blade design. I thought about the potential obstruction to flow in choosing a fan that had fewer curved blades.

I can't think of what elso could be a problem unless the waterpump impeller is somehow damaged.

Duffy Floyd
10-15-2007, 07:31 PM
I measured the radiator itself as was requested.

3" deep
19 1/4" wide (side to side from the side supports)
19 1/2 " high (bottom to top to the end tanks and bottom bracket support)
20 3/4" to the top of the cap. (from bottom of end tank/bottom bracket support to the top of the cap.

We have some adjustments to do on the mounting tabs but the radiator itself fits a SC fine.

We did verify the cap does not project too far above the Radiator Core Support to interfere with the hood.

Duffy Floyd
10-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Update....talked to Dave today. We stand at 8 orders confirmed with an additional person holding out for the 20+ group buy price. Not really sure why since the difference is only a $30 bump...certainly not a deal breaker to me considering S & H is included in the lower 48.

For the fellow asking about shipping to Canada....you need to provide your postal code so Dave can let you know what the shipping costs would be.

The prototype is being shipped back for adjustment of the mounting tabs. Will again be test fit before production. So we might extend the group buy period a tad to give us time to complete the fitment tests. Once production starts (depending on the final number) it should be about 3 weeks until all the units are built and shipped.

The SCCoA will be purchasing the prototype unit and raffling it off or providing it to a worthy established event (TBD so don't ask) for raffling/ door prize.

V6Sprout
10-15-2007, 08:14 PM
I am interested as well, just trying to come up with the funds. I am still about $150 short right now. I would have mine shipped to a US addy to take advantage of the free shipping in the US, living close to the border has advantages :) I'll see what I can do.

tydlwavs
10-15-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm the guy waiting for 20+ orders.

I'm looking at an engine rebuild soon along with an engagement so every penny matters.

rzibilske77
10-15-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm the guy waiting for 20+ orders.

I'm looking at an engine rebuild soon along with an engagement so every penny matters.

if theres only 8 after this much time, its not looking promising at reaching 20.
im ready when they are.:)

Duffy Floyd
10-16-2007, 12:04 AM
LOL Was not asking for names you know? Everyone has to make their own decisions about what they choose to purchase and choose not to and why. Was only trying to give the most accurate picture of where the Group Buy stands. Fact remains we don't have to get 12 more for the +20 price break only 11 since you are standing ready to be the person to put us over the finish line.

Flex
10-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Duffy,

My postal code is T6A 3C5.

Flex
10-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Guys,

Can you let me know what the shipping would be to the postal code given?

Flex
10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
:mad:What's the matter, you guys don't like Canucks???

Duffy Floyd
10-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Only Dave can answer that question and apparently he hasn't been here yet to see/answer it. You could give him a call you know if it is something you need to know sooner than later?

Flex
10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the reply bud. Just feeling lonely Duffy now that I am single again after 6 years. My car is nice but she can't talk to me.

Flex
10-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Where do the numbers stand? Dave, let me know how much shipping will be or I'll have to track your asss down.

scfix92
10-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Now first off I dont want to come out like a jerk because you guys worked really hard to make this and it looks awesome but why do these cost so much just like the griffin so expensive I bought 2 3 core radiators from summit and cut out some aluminum for mounting brackets and used some rubber exhaust hangers as inserts for the bottom to absorb shock, and yes I had to buy the universal hoses but for 2 cars my 92 5.0 and my 92 sc I paid around 600.00 shipped to the house for everything I needed, really what I am getting at is why we have to pay 200-300 more for a custom fit one that you dont have to do any alterations to, are they that much better because my cars now both run much cooler with everyday in the damn texas heat driving with A/C blowing cold and I can just romp on it like crazy spinning tires any where and it still runs normal. any way I am not wanting to ruin anything because it looks very well made I just wanted to know what the big deal is with it.

Duffy Floyd
10-29-2007, 10:08 PM
I guess the big deal is that it is custom made to fit. A bolt in operation plus the fact that they are furnance brazed as opposed to expoy sealed like most all AL Rads I know of are. Not like they are going to sell a ton of them either since we haven't exactly been setting the world on fire with the Group Buy. Also remember a Billet Filler neck, 1.25" tubes and free shipping (to lower 48) to boot. All extra cost options for a Griffin. BTW...I just paid $25.00 bucks to ship the prototype back for modiifications so I KNOW what shipping costs.

Another "problem" is we have an odd sized core that is not a common size so we lose on economy of scale there too.

Not all members have the ability to fabricate something themselves....so just like why a 2 liter bottle of soda at a Conveniance Store costs more than at a grocery...you do pay for convenience. And the bottom line is they will cool better than a stock copper brass unit which is what started this whole thing off.

scfix92
10-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Hey I am really thankful you didnt blow up or get offended I was worried about that because I understand the hard work that goes into R&D of a product. Now my radiators are actually 1" 4 row pipes und there is no epoxy I didnt want that either I also got a seperate tranny cooler and yes I did have to customize it a little and I also had to spend 140.00 on some universal hoses but it was all fun and I love the performance it has but I am worried about the fmic on my sc fitting now, but I wont buy that for another 2 years. but seriously thankyou for being cool and not getting offended and good luck

scfix92
10-30-2007, 12:52 AM
But I still dont understand why the griffin one is so damn high, I guess it is like buying sony or nike.

Duffy Floyd
10-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Well....not like there is much competition either now is there? They are the only ones making them at present for SC's and you can't get them except through a certain vendor too. What do you expect? Also given the limted production I am sure that vendor is paying a good price to Griffin to continue making them for SC's. Can you say pimple on...................????????????

Flex
10-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Duffy,

How many are on board for one of these?

Duffy Floyd
10-30-2007, 08:54 PM
8 confirmed at the price for 10+ One still waiting for the 20+ price. And Dave does know you posted your shipping postal code. Just needs the time to figure it out. He was out of town most of last week but the car show circuit should be over.

Confirmed that prototype radiator arrived safely although it was shipped to the wrong address...ONLY the one he had posted on his site...LOL Can't seem to win.

Mike8675309
10-30-2007, 10:02 PM
One point on the price. If folks recall, there was a guy here fabbing up Radiators, and the cost was pretty close to what these ones are. He was basically giving his labor away for free. If you want people to make parts you need to pay for them.

Unfortunately, this GP came about 2 years too late for me, as I had purchased a griffin for my project over 2 years ago.

rzibilske77
10-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Unfortunately, this GP came about 2 years too late for me, as I had purchased a griffin for my project over 2 years ago.

i think this is why there is only 8-9 ppl serious on this, most have already went the route like you and gotten the griffin rad. since basically that was the only alternative besides Mike(mike_38sc)yea thats not his right username but its along those lines:)...hes been done with his what fo a few yrs now.

Flex
10-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Duffy,

Is this a one time only thing? If it is done again, will the prices be higher?

I have looked at my car again and all seems to work fine, just runs too damn hot. I think that this unit would be off benefit no matter what and is worth considering in light of my future plans for performance.

Flex
10-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Actually, I think he started up again a few months ago.

Duffy Floyd
10-30-2007, 10:18 PM
I can't answer for Dave. I suspect once the design is finalized the R & D is done and he can produce them any time. Now whether or not you can get together enough people to make a Group Buy feasible is another thing. And like most things I imagine the price point will creep up since all costs rise over time.

Dave@RACEWARE
11-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey guys just to give you an update to date we have 10 orders counting the 2 20+ orders. We are working on the the refinements that George and Mark have suggested. Flex sorry for the delay but according to your postal code it would cost you $49.00 in shipping to Alberta (unless you have an address in the states and feel like a little road trip). SCFLX92 I'm glade to here that you have the skills to fabricate, but what I didn't hear was how long it took you. Also double check the core you have I have never seen and quad 1" core. All the universal style aluminum radiators are twin 1" cores and are made of lighter duty materials than what we have built so longevity will be limited.

XxSlowpokexX
11-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Well....not like there is much competition either now is there?

Exactly not to mention limited production and custom. If there were 10 peopel out there making this stuff it be a different story..But chances are if its a godo quality unit...The price wont vary much.....Or it wont be produced at all

BTW nice work..if I already disnt have new rads in all my cars....

XR7 Dave
11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm going to be in for 2 of these. Just need to contact Dave.

Flex
11-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Dave/Duffy,

Daves's 2 brings it up to an even dozen counting the 2 20+. I would like to place myself in this as well. Looks like a very nicely fabbed radiator.

Can you do anything on the shipping? What service is that through? If it is a carier like UPS or Fedex, they hammer us at the border for "brokerage" which will probably tack on another $100 on this.

rzibilske77
12-01-2007, 01:51 AM
its about time for an update:)

mywhite89
12-13-2007, 08:40 AM
anybody install this radiator yet? I'm close to buying one.

Duffy Floyd
12-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Dave Gerard of Raceware requested that an early style OEM Radiator with bracketry be sent to him since he purchased three different radiators from three different aftermarket sources for measurement purposes and got units that were slightly different each time. He is working hard to make sure the modifications being made to the prototype unit solve the fitment problems George and I experienced the last time we tried to install it. David Dalke thought he had an OEM unit to spare for this purpose and hopefully has shipped it to Dave.

If you want to get in on the group buy still I suggest you contact Dave Gerard and get placed on the list officially.

dino3.8
12-13-2007, 04:51 PM
i emailed him and gave him my infor so count me in on this

Flex
12-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Where do the numbers stand right now? No one ever responded to my last post.

99GSXR750
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Dave Gerard of Raceware requested that an early style OEM Radiator with bracketry be sent to him since he purchased three different radiators from three different aftermarket sources for measurement purposes and got units that were slightly different each time. He is working hard to make sure the modifications being made to the prototype unit solve the fitment problems George and I experienced the last time we tried to install it. David Dalke thought he had an OEM unit to spare for this purpose and hopefully has shipped it to Dave.

If you want to get in on the group buy still I suggest you contact Dave Gerard and get placed on the list officially.

Duffy,
If Dave Dalke can't get Dave (Raceware) and OEM radiator, I can drop mine off to him as it's not currently in my car.
Mike

SuperCharged91
12-15-2007, 11:59 PM
are these still avalible and at what price level

Duffy Floyd
12-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Still available and we are in the 10+ price range right now.

Flex
12-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Duffy,

Can someone get back to me on my questions in post 65? Thanks

Duffy Floyd
12-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Flex,

I suggest you contact Dave directly for the answers to your questions. I have no idea what shipping company he uses nor if something can be worked out for you special.

Flex
12-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Duffy,

Thanks. Contact him by email or is there a phone number posted?

Flex
12-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Nevermind I went back and checked. Thanks.

Dave@RACEWARE
12-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Happy Holidays guys, I just wanted to give you an update as to were we stand with the raditaors. Today, in fact about an 1/2 hour ago Mark dropped off his orininal with to IC boot so we can finalize our pattern. I am looking at a mid January production run so please if you are planning on ordering one now is the time. As we stand I have 15 confirmed orders. Flex we use UPS exclusively and the shipping quoted you is our exact cost. Like I stated earlier if you have a US address shipping will be free. If anyone has any questions Please feel free to call or e-mail me.

Thanks Again
Dave Gerard
Raceware Inc
877-343-7273

Flex
12-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Well Dave Dalke has generously offered me his address in the past. I have some stuff I am buying from him so maybe he can send it all at once.

The problem with carriers like UPS is that they charge Canadians "brokerage". A fancy way off saying take off your pants and bend over.

Flex
12-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Dave / Duffy,

Any update on the numbers? How many confirmed orders? Thanks.

Flex
12-31-2007, 03:26 PM
I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I have been looking at the various radiator designs and my question is, why use a downflow design instead of a crossflow?

My though is that some added cooling might be gained by having the tanks side mounted instead of top and bottom. Any thoughts or relevant data on pros vs cons?

Duffy Floyd
12-31-2007, 08:35 PM
From a thermal dynamics standpoint there is no difference between crossflow and downflow. The primary reason things shifted to the crossflow was due to packaging concerns...as hoodlines were lowered to reduce the frontal area of cars for aero reasons, it became easier to make radiators wider than they were tall for the same given cooling area. Hence....crossflows became more prevalent.

Flex
12-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Duffy,

Thanks, thats what I thought. Do you think there would be a cooling advantage to have the tanks in the actual air path?

Do you know where the numbers stand right now? I believe Dave said he was looking at a mid January production run.

Duffy Floyd
12-31-2007, 08:45 PM
No...I don't think having the tanks in the airsteam will make a difference.

As far as numbers.....stands at 15 like Dave said in his last post as far as I know.

superdadsc
01-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Guys, count me in, Emailed Dave and gave him my info. Thanks for the leg work I appreciate it.:)

rzibilske77
01-18-2008, 06:58 PM
cash is burning a hole in my britches.........update?:D

Dave@RACEWARE
01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
All right guys it's LAST CALL!!! The final revisions are being done and production is about to start. As we stand we are at 14 comfirmed so it looks like it will be in the 15 to 20 range of price. If anyone is on the fence now is the time to act! Price after the GP goes to $565 plus shipping so get your orders in by the end of the month. ANY ORDER RECEIVED AFTER 01-31-08 WILL BE BILLED AT THE $565 PRICE. Next week I will be calling eveyone to confirm their order and for billing information. Production will take aprox. 2 weeks and shipping will follow after. It you have any questions please call me and I can address your concerns. I want to give a special tanks to Duffy and George for all their held and Chris for the sample. Believe me you guys will not be disapointed with the final results.

Dave Gerard
Raceware Inc.
877-343-7273

rzibilske77
01-23-2008, 06:14 PM
All right guys it's LAST CALL!!! The final revisions are being done and production is about to start. As we stand we are at 14 comfirmed so it looks like it will be in the 15 to 20 range of price. If anyone is on the fence now is the time to act! Price after the GP goes to $565 plus shipping so get your orders in by the end of the month. ANY ORDER RECEIVED AFTER 01-31-08 WILL BE BILLED AT THE $565 PRICE. Next week I will be calling eveyone to confirm their order and for billing information. Production will take aprox. 2 weeks and shipping will follow after. It you have any questions please call me and I can address your concerns. I want to give a special tanks to Duffy and George for all their held and Chris for the sample. Believe me you guys will not be disapointed with the final results.

Dave Gerard
Raceware Inc.
877-343-7273

very good Dave thanks for the update, looking to hear from you soon:)

Dave@RACEWARE
01-29-2008, 11:17 AM
3 days left lets see if we can push this to that magic 20 number!

rzibilske77
02-02-2008, 08:23 PM
3 days left lets see if we can push this to that magic 20 number!

come on guys......lets get this for under 500 bones.....if your car is always running hotter then you like, this is the best time to upgrade:)

PearlBird
02-12-2008, 10:46 AM
I want one, but not for the regular price. If all the manufacturing isn't complete on the group buy yet, I'd like to tag one onto the end if you would. Let me know, thanks.

XR7 Dave
02-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Did anyone hear from Raceware? I did not get a call.

rzibilske77
02-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Did anyone hear from Raceware? I did not get a call.

nothing yet:confused:

free90sc
02-20-2008, 10:34 PM
I haven'y heard a thing.
Sean

Duffy Floyd
02-20-2008, 10:51 PM
I talked to Dave late last week. I reminded him of the 94-95's having a different bolt to bolt dimension on the Radiator Support. He was going to go back and check if that had been accounted for in the design. I also queiried him if they were really going to go into production without another test fitting. That was the intention when I spoke to him based on having an OEM radiator to measure from.

David said he would be posting that day but obviously did not.

skeem187
02-21-2008, 09:30 PM
I'll bite. Count me in. Just e-mail me payment info.

Duffy Floyd
02-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Look at the first post in the thread and contact Dave to see if you can still get in on the Group Buy.

Ira R.
02-27-2008, 05:24 PM
I presume if there was any word we would have heard about it?

Ira

Sxar
03-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Any updates? It is very close to being Spring in the Northern states and I was hoping these would be out by then.

Matt

SuperChicken89
03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
I spoke with Dave last week and he said they are waiting for the updated drawings and CNC program from their outside source. He was hoping they would have them soon.

Bryan

Sampo
03-19-2008, 03:14 AM
I talked to Dave late last week. I reminded him of the 94-95's having a different bolt to bolt dimension on the Radiator Support. He was going to go back and check if that had been accounted for in the design. I also queiried him if they were really going to go into production without another test fitting. That was the intention when I spoke to him based on having an OEM radiator to measure from.

David said he would be posting that day but obviously did not.

Sorry, but this is a little out of the topic...

Is it possible to fit '94-'95 radiator to early model? I just realized that I have late model rad waiting for installation.:o

Dave@RACEWARE
03-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Well guys it looks like we are on the right path now. The final drawing is complete and another prototype in being built. I would like to thank you all for being patient with the process. At this point if anyone new would like one please e-mail me and I can get you on the list. We are still short of our 20 raidiator goal so any late comers you can sure help the group.

Thanks Again
Dave

Jeff Bratton
03-31-2008, 10:35 PM
We are still short of our 20 raidiator goal so any late comers you can sure help the group.
Exactly how many are signed to date on this Dave

Jeff B.

Ira R.
03-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Do we have any estimates on when the first units will be availabale yet??

Ira

Dave@RACEWARE
04-01-2008, 10:14 AM
We have 16 confirmed so far. Ira we are in the process of building the second prototype once that is completed and test fit I will have a better idea when the production pieces will be ready.

Ballman
04-01-2008, 10:46 AM
I may take one if we are in the 20 plus price range , let me know when that happens . Just e mail me at Ballman32@aol.com ...........Thanks, D.Wilder

Duffy Floyd
04-18-2008, 10:34 PM
I spoke with Dave Gerard today. The second prototype is due in his shop on Monday. It will be sent to George for test fitting in a 94 SC. Assuming it fits Dave will be contacting folks to take their actual orders. From Dave's previous postings he stated it would be a 2-3 week production time.

Given the extended development time I doubt we will retain all the previous "orders", but the SCCoA will purchase a unit for raffle sometime in the future to help the effort but given the numbers, I doubt we will be seeing the 20 and above price.

Point being...if you are thinking of jumping in ths is your last chance to get a Group buy discount even if you only get a 10 and above price break.

Dave said he would provide updated number of orders early next week.

SuperChicken89
04-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the update Duffy. I still have cash in hand and will be waiting for Dave to contact me:D

Bryan

Duffy Floyd
04-21-2008, 06:29 PM
To answer Sampo's question above...no a 94-95 rad. will not fit an early model as a bolt in. The distance centerline to centerline of the mounting holes are not the same (early model being narrower) but I imagine one could get creative and modify the radiator support such that you could use a late model on an early model by moding the mount locations.

Duffy Floyd
04-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Got an email from Dave Gerard. He got the radiator shipped out and is in Carlisle the rest of the week for the Spring Meet I guess. Will update numbers when he returns.

To try and help the effort I asked if he would be willing to extend the 20+ price to induce those waiting for that price to jump in and hopefully we end up at 20 total. Time will tell but you fence sitters may want to get ready to jump!!!!!

dklitzke
04-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Seems like it died. Judging from the pics I saw, and the description of the quality, I would be interested in one of these for my '95 SC, if indeed they ever become available. Pardon the opinion, but given the effort and time required to engineer such a quality piece, plus materiels, shipping, etc, it seems like more quibbling over $30-50 bucks has gone on here than anything else, and I suspect it may have killed the project. Somebody let everyone know what the status is with this, please.

Don:confused:

rzibilske77
04-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Seems like it died. Judging from the pics I saw, and the description of the quality, I would be interested in one of these for my '95 SC, if indeed they ever become available. Pardon the opinion, but given the effort and time required to engineer such a quality piece, plus materiels, shipping, etc, it seems like more quibbling over $30-50 bucks has gone on here than anything else, and I suspect it may have killed the project. Somebody let everyone know what the status is with this, please.

Don:confused:

read the last few post...it hasnt died.
i dont mind the 30-50 bucks more if we dont reach a certain quota....its just getting damn hot out here already and want to get this in soon:p

WeinerK
04-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Regardless, I'm still in for the group buy. For a qualitity piece like this, $30 - $50 dollars more is peanuts compared to the problems with a stock rad.

Duffy Floyd
04-25-2008, 09:39 PM
The second produced prototype arrived at George's undamaged. This is really a production piece with the billet filler neck and the final arrangement for the coolant overflow which will exit to the rear with a 90 degree fitting that can be turned left or right. George hopes to prefit it in his 94 SC this weekend. Assuming it fits, production should be starting soon. Dave Gerard will post when he arrives back from Carlisle and provide the vendor's update.

rhermanstein
04-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Is this consindered a high capacity flow or super high capacity high flow? Will it work w/ a MP front mount IC? It looks pretty thick .

Otherwise I am game.

Duffy Floyd
04-29-2008, 01:56 PM
As indicated in the first post of this thread it is a 2 row 1.25" size core. Not ever examining a FMIC install closely I can't say for sure if it will work. But since the thickness increase is all to the rear (engine side) I assume it would work fine since it is a bolt-in for stock cars as far as the bracketry and all.

Mike8675309
04-29-2008, 07:44 PM
As indicated in the first post of this thread it is a 2 row 1.25" size core.

For reference, using the nomenclature at www.supercoupeperformance.com, at 1.25 tube size makes it a Super High Capacity vs a 1.0 tube size labeled as High Capacity.

Dave@RACEWARE
05-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Ok guys we are up to 18 units, but as a added bonus I am going to offer the radiators at the 20+ price regardless of the number of orders placed. Just my way of saying thanks for being so patient. Now it's time to put the heat on George to get the test fit done. LOL

SuperChicken89
05-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Ok guys we are up to 18 units, but as a added bonus I am going to offer the radiators at the 20+ price regardless of the number of orders placed.

This is great news Dave! Maybe this will encourage a few more fence sitters to purchase one. Hopefully George will some positive feedback on the radiator fitment soon!

Bryan

rzibilske77
05-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Dave,

I agree with the last guy, this is awesome news and something you know you didnt have to do....it is very much appreciated and hopefully everyone that had wanted in will actually do so and maybe a few more.
Now George get with that fitament....you do know its already hitting the 90's in Houston....the SC isn't to fond of the heat.:D
Just kidding, im ready to order when all is set and done.
Thanks

Duffy Floyd
05-22-2008, 04:45 PM
George completed the test fitment on a 94-95 SC and while the unit fits the passenger side tab is a bit close to the radiator support. I will be installing the unit in my 92 on the 30th (actually Dave Dalke and I will be doing this work together) Assuming the radiator fits OK the late model fellows may need to clearance the bracket a bit. I do know Ford changed the radiator support on the later models by changing the way it collapsed compared to the early models so this issue may be related to difference in cars vs. a "problem" with the AL Rad. One of the challenges of trying to make one unit fit multiple years of cars as opposed to having separate units driving up costs. We already know the early model guys will have to trim the driver's side mounting tab since there is a difference in centerline to centerline bolt hole distance between car versions.

For those attending Carlisle you will be able to see the unit installed in a SC.

For those who are wondering....I am paying the same price as others in the Group buy.

dklitzke
05-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Duffy,

Please explain/clarify the comment about fitment in the '94-95 cars. The passenger side tab whaaaa??? for us dummies. My ole '95 has approaching 200k on her with OEM radiator still intact, thanks to regular flush/change, and slightly cooler t-stat. I will want one of these in September when I get home from Iraq. However, I don't want to buy something that pricey (not complainin' here, alright? :D), and then have to modify it to the point where I mess it up and have to repair it right away. I would prefer that these are engineered/designed in such a way as to be pretty much a direct replacement with MINIMAL modification. Just for my own peace of mind.

Don

:rolleyes:

Duffy Floyd
05-25-2008, 11:56 AM
On the 94-95 SC the radiator mounting is different than the early models. In the early models the tabs of the radiator are bolted directly to the radiator support and vibration is isolated via rubber grommets with a steel liner. On the 94-95, there is a bracket bolted to the radiator support with a rubber donut attached to it that interfaces with a corresponding bracket with post attached to the radiator. The radiator bracket with the rubber donut isolates vibrations from the radiator. The bolt to bolt centerline between the mounting bolts is also different for the later models being about 1.5" longer than the early models.

In order to try to accomodate both designs with a single replacement radiator design (read lower cost) what we did was to design the radiator mounting tabs like the early models with an "extension" on the driver's side to accomodate both models with a single design. But as noted above there is also differences in the actual radiator support besides just the centerline bolt distances. So a minor trimming may be required to the mounting tabs on the passenger side to accomodate proper fitment for both vintage cars. The trimming could be done with a file or small grinder since we are talking about AL here. Also note that the early model guys will have to trim this extension off the driver's side mounting tabs too.

Picture 1 shows the passenger side mounting tab for the first prototype AL Radiator.
Picture 13 shows an early model radiator mounting (driver's side) (Note how little clearance there is between the upper part of the mounting tab and the radiator cross support??????)
Picture 7 and 10 shows the late model radiator mounting. Picture 7 showing the driver's side without the corresponding bracket that bolts into the radiator support. Picture 10 showing the passenger's side mounting post and corresponding bracket.

dklitzke
05-29-2008, 04:19 AM
I would like to order one of these, but I would like someone else with a '94-95 installed to show me pics, and pointers about installation first. I want to make sure it's pretty much a direct replacement, and no headaches involved with installation. :D

Duffy Floyd
06-02-2008, 07:02 PM
The 2nd Prototype unit was installed by David Dalke in my car this past weekend. It looks good although some fan shroud trimming was required to allow proper placement of the shroud.

There are several issues of concern I have sent to Dave Gerard and am waiting for a response.

Issue one: Placement of the tranny cooler in the bottom end tank requires trimming the shroud to get it to set flush due to the fitting setting proud of the end tank. This could be a problem for the auto tranny guys to make their passenger side cooler line connections even with the minor trim job required. I have requested to know if the cooler could be moved to the passenger side by 1".

Issue two: The upper driver's side mounting bracket for the fan shroud is VERY close to the end tank so a shortened bolt is required which has very little thread engagement with the retainer. I have requested that the end tank be "dimpled" during fabrication to allow more clearance.

Issue three: Trimming of the fan shroud is required to allow clearance for the drain petcock "ears" to swing free. Likely we will have to live with this one as I would prefer to have a petcock as opposed to the drain plug which would negate this trimming.

Issue four: Some minor trimming of the passenger side "molded tab" in the fan shroud was required to get the upper bolt holes to lineup. You can see this trim in the pictures showing the drain petcock attached. We will have to live with this one I think.

See attached detail pictures for the solutions David did to get this unit in my car. Once we figured out the issues and the approach to be taken it took maybe 15 minutes of trimming and fitting to make the mods.

David installed the unit without trimming the passenger side mounting tabs just to see if it could be done and how funky it might look. Doesn't bother me so it will probably stay that way.

There were no issues as noted with the 94-95 test fitment by George related to the passenger side radiator support clearance on my 92.

Bottom line is the unit is installed and works fine and looks GOOD.

Duffy Floyd
06-05-2008, 10:00 PM
One of my driving forces for getting this radiator produced was the cooling issues I was having with my car. I had installed an AirCon shortened condenser and ever since that time had cooling issues when trying to run the AC. Basically I would have to "cycle" on and off times when driving on the highway to Maintain temps below 225 degree F which was the max I chose to test. I especially noticed the lack of AC driving on the PA Turnpike to Carlisle last year. Going up the mountains I was unable to run the AC at all as temps were high to begin with let alone trying to add the heat load of the AC to the mix.

I made the same drive today to Carlisle and had none of the problems I had last year. While the Autometer water temp. sender had been changed last weekend and I now ran 205 Degree F on the highway (I still have a 197 degree F thermostat that is not fully open until around 212 degrees F) I now ran a max of 210 degree F with the AC ON the whole way here. I suspect while it was warm (around 80 degrees F most of the way) I was riding the thermostat and the higher temps were not an indication of lack of cooling capacity. I also only lost 1 MPG running the AC vs. no AC used.

SC Kydd
06-17-2008, 12:49 AM
All haste on this would be appreciated. 100+ degrees in the Sacramento Valley is once again destroying the fun of summertime cruising. One eye on the road and the other on the temp gauge for the last 16 years has given me strange vision problems!

Sampo
06-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Sorry but I haven't have time to read all the posts:o so I will ask,Duffy, is this rad available also for early model SCs? If yes what is the price?

Thanks!

Sami

dklitzke
06-19-2008, 06:25 AM
I am watching this thread so I will know when I can spring for one of these for my '95 once the design is complete and the order is given to "'shoot the engineers and let's go into production"'!! :D

Don
Prospect TN via Balad AB, Iraq

XR7 Dave
06-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Sorry but I haven't have time to read all the posts:o so I will ask,Duffy, is this rad available also for early model SCs? If yes what is the price?

Thanks!

Sami

Yes, this is available for the early model SC's as well. Hoping for word on production dates as I need one pending delivery sometime soon...... :)

Sampo
06-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes, this is available for the early model SC's as well. Hoping for word on production dates as I need one pending delivery sometime soon...... :)

Who should I contact if I want one? The price? $565?

rzibilske77
06-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Who should I contact if I want one? The price?

all the info you need can be found on the 1st post of this thread.

Pricing is as follows (INCLUDES Shipping to the Lower 48 US States, contact Dave for other locations.)

1-10 $564.95
11-20 $524.95
20 + $494.95

Please contact Dave directly for with questions and to purchase one of these aluminum radiators. Email is probably the best way to contact him.

Dave Gerard
Raceware Inc.
2880 Berrgey Rd.
Unit E
Hatfield, PA 19440

raceware15@comcast.net

Orders only: 877-343-7273
Tech help: 215-345-7297

Sampo
06-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the info!

nanatothesixth
06-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Dave sent me a e mail that they had a fire at the shop, and were hoping to get outside help on production. they also had 1 more adjustment to make. thanks! Tom

rzibilske77
06-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Dave sent me a e mail that they had a fire at the shop, and were hoping to get outside help on production. they also had 1 more adjustment to make. thanks! Tom

FIRE!!..thats terrible i sure hope this doesnt turn into a bust, its down right hot and really want/need this piece!

Duffy Floyd
07-05-2008, 12:28 PM
I spoke to Dave yesterday. He is working on getting his insurance claim in and processed. He was able to get his computer hard drive read that was burnt up in the fire so the plans for the radiator were saved. In fact the final changes to those drawings have been made based on our last comments. He was also able to recover the list of folks interested in making a purchase. If it were me though I would recontact Dave by email and indicate if you are in or out. He wants to call folks this week and get final commitments and payments. Production to start as soon as he knows for sure how many folks are buying. The SCCoA is stil making a purchase of a unit for future raffle.

The installed unit remains in may car working as designed. Coming back from Carlisle it remained VERY HOT and I was still able to run the AC coming up over the mountains on the PA Pike romping on the car and with a LeBra bra installed that is blocking a portion of the airflow due to its design. I noticed the design of this bra blocks the little slot between the hood and front facia as well as the "flap" that covers the license plate area blocks a portion of the flow under the facia. I am modifying that portion to try and improve that situation.

Pablo94SC
07-05-2008, 09:41 PM
I spoke to Dave yesterday. He is working on getting his insurance claim in and processed. He was able to get his computer hard drive read that was burnt up in the fire so the plans for the radiator were saved. In fact the final changes to those drawings have been made based on our last comments. He was also able to recover the list of folks interested in making a purchase. If it were me though I would recontact Dave by email and indicate if you are in or out. He wants to call folks this week and get final commitments and payments. Production to start as soon as he knows for sure how many folks are buying. The SCCoA is stil making a purchase of a unit for future raffle.

The installed unit remains in may car working as designed. Coming back from Carlisle it remained VERY HOT and I was still able to run the AC coming up over the mountains on the PA Pike romping on the car and with a LeBra bra installed that is blocking a portion of the airflow due to its design. I noticed the design of this bra blocks the little slot between the hood and front facia as well as the "flap" that covers the license plate area blocks a portion of the flow under the facia. I am modifying that portion to try and improve that situation.

Get rid of the bra and that'll fix the problem.

Duffy Floyd
07-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Point being...even with the bra installed and high ambient temps (over 90 degrees ) and running heavily loaded up the mountains I was able to still run the AC and the car did not overheat. Contrast that to last year with no bra...not as high of temps outside I was unable to run th AC for long periods of time at highway speeds with a stock Radiator without topping 225 Degrees F easily (and rising temps).

rhermanstein
07-06-2008, 04:01 PM
So did the temp run at 1/2 or 3/4 on your gauge?

Duffy Floyd
07-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Can't say....only my aftermarket gage is functional right now. Need to rewire or fix the stocker.

SC Kydd
07-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Any recent updates? I've put in several calls to Dave, but haven't heard anything back.

nanatothesixth
07-18-2008, 11:13 PM
i recd. a call from dave today! and paid for mine! he will start production in a couple of weeks. So i was told! and then they will start shipping out! thanks! Tom

Sxar
07-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Dave also tried calling me, but I was under a car at that moment and didn't get to the phone in time. :D

Matt

Sampo
07-19-2008, 05:58 PM
If I want one should I pay it now?:confused:

Sami

Duffy Floyd
07-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Given your location (Finland)and assumng you were not on the previous list of buyers, I would suggest contacting Dave and paying for the unit if you want one. His contact info is in the first post of this thread.

Evan_90SC
07-20-2008, 09:01 PM
So are these going to be able to bolt right up with no problems...? Or is there going to need to be slight modifications to install them?... I think it was stated in a previous post that prototype 2 had some issues. Are those getting fixed so that it bolts up like stock?

If not many modifications are needed on the install then I may be interested in one as well.

SC Kydd
08-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Dave called yesterday afternoon. He was hoping to start production next week and was just touching base. It might be a good idea to contact in him if you were interested in getting one of these and have not talked to him in a while.

tenicoli
08-01-2008, 12:46 PM
I would be interested in one

SuperChicken89
08-01-2008, 01:50 PM
I would be interested in one

I suggest you get on the phone and call Dave then. Don't hesitate or you may be on the outside looking in:D

Can't wait to get mine.

Bryan

Duffy Floyd
08-01-2008, 09:36 PM
I spoke with Dave today. The two issues related above (tranny cooler placement and need to clearance the driver's side upper bolt) will be addressed in the final production versions. Remember though you will need to mess around with the fan shroud to make it fit properly but hopefully only the adjustment around the drain petcock and the mounting tab on the passenger side lower will be the only issues. For you later model guys you may want to hit the boneyards and get the same rubber doughnut (grommet) used on the early model radiator mounting. You need them or something equivalent to mount the unit correctly. The Ford grommet is lined with a steel tube inside the grommet allowing you to tighten the mounting bolts and have them stay tight without compromising the function of the grommet with is vibration isolation. I suggest a boneyard as the last time I checked Ford wanted $17.00 each for these $0.05 parts. :eek:

Production to start next week. Time to get off the "pot" if you are so inclined.

tenicoli
08-02-2008, 12:30 PM
I would be interested in one if over 20

Duffy Floyd
08-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Read back a few posts. (Post #118 actually) Dave is offering the +20 price in hopes of pushing actual production run to greater than 20.

Dave@RACEWARE
08-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Ok guys this is it Thursday is the final deadline to get your order in. As prevoiusly posted the price is $495 shipped to the lower 48. If I do not hear from you by phone (267-718-0340) by then you are out! If you have pervoisly gotten on the list and have not reposned to my 2 phone call and PMs to varify shipping and billing information your out! Consider this fare warning. Do not get dicuraged if I do not answer the phone please leave a message and I will return your call. For those of you that have hung in there I thank you for your patience and will let the product speek for itself.

Thank you again
Dave Gerard
Raceware Inc.
267-718-0340

RedFox
08-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Are there any updates on the project?

SC Kydd
08-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Has anyone heard how the production of the radiators is going or when we might anticipate ship dates?

SC Kydd
08-27-2008, 11:57 AM
I spoke with Dave yesterday and he is anticipating shipping around mid-September.

nanatothesixth
09-29-2008, 05:45 PM
So its the end of Sept. any new news? has anybody recd. a rad. yet? thanks! Tom

tydlwavs
09-29-2008, 07:51 PM
I may be up for an order in the second batch now that the rest of the car is in order. This obviously depends on quality and delivery to the guys that bought them.

-Todd

SuperChicken89
09-30-2008, 08:41 PM
So its the end of Sept. any new news? has anybody recd. a rad. yet? thanks! Tom

No word on these yet:mad: I called Dave and left a message last week and the week before.No return call yet. I'm begining to wonder if these are really going to be built. I hope they will.

Bryan

SC Kydd
10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Anyone heard anything? My call was never returned either.

SuperChicken89
10-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Anyone heard anything? My call was never returned either.

Duffy's response to my PM regarding the Raceware radiator:

Bryan,

Spoke to him on Sunday. I asked him to post an update. "We" got bumped at the welding company due to a military contract but are in the que again. He will be shipping them out as they are finished. I asked to be put at the end of the line for my second and for the club's unit.

Duffy

Bryan

rhermanstein
10-29-2008, 12:36 AM
Any new info on the radiators? have sent him many messages last month and no answer.... I figure the economy may have done this deal in.....

rzibilske77
11-03-2008, 11:42 AM
any updates......its been impossible to make contact with Dave.
whose paid and who if anyone has recieved one?

89XR7TD
11-03-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't get involved with Group Buys, no offense guys its nice to get into making stuff for our cars but it ends up being a long waiting game.

Goodluck getting this product out the door soon for others sake!!!

Tom

Dave@RACEWARE
11-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok guys I have the first four radiators are completed and they will be shipping next week when I return from SEMA. I know it's been a nightmare tring to get a hold of me lately and all your calls have be recieved but with the rebuilding of the shop and tring to build colling systems it's been hard to answer the phone let alone return calls. But the good news is the radiators are starting to come through.

rhermanstein
11-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I gave you all my info and want to make sure you still know I am waiting for mine to be shipped out.

Reid Herman 503 998-7343

SuperChicken89
11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
I believe my radiator shipped today:D My credit card was billed by Raceware today for $495. WOOHOO!!!!!

Bryan

SC Kydd
11-21-2008, 10:48 PM
My radiator got here today, and it is a beautiful piece of workmanship! The only problem that I see at this point is the upper radiator hose connection is for 1-1/2", and the stock size on my '92 is 1-3/8". Does anyone know if the later models use the larger size, or is it off to the universal hose bin?

Duffy Floyd
11-22-2008, 04:48 PM
I have the prototype installed in my 92. I did not notice an issue with the upper radiator hose (meaning I am using a stock hose...nothing special).

SuperChicken89
11-22-2008, 10:37 PM
The only problem that I see at this point is the upper radiator hose connection is for 1-1/2", and the stock size on my '92 is 1-3/8". Does anyone know if the later models use the larger size, or is it off to the universal hose bin?

I'm in the process of installing mine and I agree that the upper inlet fitting is a larger diameter than the stock radiator. I had no problem getting the hose to stretch the extra 1/8" over the larger fitting.

You do have to modify the shroud in a few places as stated in a earlier post. Other than one minor modification to the passenger side mounting bracket for clearance at AC lines, all has gone smoothly. These AC lines also had a clearance issue with the stock radiator mounting brackets. I'll post up some pictures of the shroud and mounting bracket modifications tomorrow.

This Raceware aluminum radiator is really a great piece of craftmanship and was well worth the wait:D

Bryan

rhermanstein
11-23-2008, 02:33 PM
I spoke to David Dalk and he said the same thing to stretch the hose and use silicone spray.

rhermanstein
11-23-2008, 02:38 PM
I have a 5 speed car and don't need the cooling lines for the Auto. What you guys rec doing about the two nipples at the bottom of the radiator. Rubber plugs like a carb?

One recommended using them for oil cooling.

SuperChicken89
11-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Here are a few pictures of the shroud modifications and the bracket I had to clearance for the AC condenser lines. If you look closely at the AC lines, the wear can be seen from the original radiator mounting bracket. The shroud pictures show both the modified and original units side by side. I also included a picture of the shroud mounting bolts. The driver side bolt has to be cut down as shown.

The installation went very smoothly without any incidents other than the mods shown in the pictures. I am quite pleased with this radiator. Great job Dave! Also, thank you very much goes out to George and Duffy!

Bryan

Duffy Floyd
11-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Concerning the tranny cooler connections...you could block them with a screw in plug if they make you nervous. I asked Dave about them and he said in his experience he has never had one fail so you could leave them open with not much risk of you choose too.

rhermanstein
11-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Tried to install my Raceware radiator today and found out my Magnum Powers intercooler pushes the radiator low pro 14" fan into the water pump. Thinking of using two smaller fans at opposite ends to leave the center open for the water pump pulley. Any ideas?

nanatothesixth
12-11-2008, 09:13 PM
recd. my rad. yesterday! very nice piece of work!, but won't get to install it until spring. thanks! Tom

Belisarius
01-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Tried to install my Raceware radiator today and found out my Magnum Powers intercooler pushes the radiator low pro 14" fan into the water pump. Thinking of using two smaller fans at opposite ends to leave the center open for the water pump pulley. Any ideas?

Do you have the regular IC or the one MP made for the Griffin Radiator?

rhermanstein
01-06-2009, 11:47 PM
MP FMIC. But I got it all figured out. Had to run the Spal high profile flow 16" fan from MP as a pusher and a Spal 13" medium profile as my puller. Dave Dalke said to remove the MP metal shroud cause it restricts air flow. I had to make custom brackets of course.

Dave@RACEWARE
01-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Guys I have 3 rads left from the first batch if anyone is interested. $495 plus shipping.

Thaks Dave
267-718-0340

RedFox
01-11-2009, 04:01 PM
This part was included with the rad. What is it for?

Duffy Floyd
01-11-2009, 04:04 PM
That is the right angle adapter for the coolant overflow. In order to NOT have to produce two versions of the rad for sale driving up costs the adapter was included so it could be installed to the passenger side (for early models) or to the driver's side( 94-95 models).

RedFox
01-11-2009, 04:21 PM
So does this mean that on the early models, the straight adapter on the filler neck must be removed, then the right angle adapter screwed in followed by the straight adapter screwed into the right angle adapter to make it easier to connect on the passenger's side? Right?

Thanks.

Duffy Floyd
01-11-2009, 04:31 PM
My understanding (and it is only that cause when I got the prototype it did not have the right angle adapter) was the idea was to screw the adapter onto the overflow "pipe" amd position it either left or right as required.

RedFox
01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey Duffy,
I'm an original 1989 owner. It will be 20 years on my B-Day on May 16. Bought another one 1.5 years ago. I guess that makes me a masochist GFP.:D

Belisarius
01-14-2009, 08:03 PM

Is your MP intercooler the regular one or the one designed for the Griffin radiator?

David

Dave@RACEWARE
01-26-2009, 08:35 AM
I only have 2 left at the $495.00 price! Once they are gone price goes to 565

Dave@RACEWARE
02-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Only 1 left !!

rhermanstein
02-11-2009, 04:33 PM
The regular one but I spoke to Bill @ SCP and it wouldn't have made any diff if I got the IC for the Griffin radiator or the one for the OEM radiator. These radiators are really thick so the griffin for the MP IC is the thinner of the two. After I mounted the SPAL fan from the MP IC as my pusher and ordered a thinner SPAL for my puller I have had no problems. Of course it's not been over 65 F here and the pusher runs all the time and I put in a 180F thermo. So we will see this July.

Is your MP intercooler the regular one or the one designed for the Griffin radiator?

David

rhermanstein
03-16-2009, 10:50 PM
After 6 months of trouble free cooling I ran into my second glitch. Due to the Magnum Powers Front Mount Intercooler and the Raceware radiator (which is almost too thick to run with the MP FMIC) my upper radiator hose could only get an inch away from my alternator belt. This worked fine for 6 months but from the heat and swelling over time plus the belt lifting under higher RPM it finally began to rub on the alternator belt. I Bought and re cut a new OEM hose and it would not make more than 1 inch of clearance away from the alt belt. My final solution was to cut my thermostat housing before the 90 degree bend towards the passenger side. I then added two inches of hose and a newer 90 degree bent pipe from a RV shop for venting. Now I have no more clearance issues since the hose no longer runs above the alternator belt. Will upload pics if any one needs them.

Mike8675309
03-16-2009, 11:03 PM
My final solution was to cut my thermostat housing before the 90 degree bend towards the passenger side. I then added two inches of hose and a newer 90 degree bent pipe from a RV shop for venting. Now I have no more clearance issues since the hose no longer runs above the alternator belt. Will upload pics if any one needs them.

I'd love to see the pictures.

Flex
03-16-2009, 11:12 PM
They are more expensive but you could have eliminated some of your hassles by using a corregated metal radiator hose.

rhermanstein
03-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Ya that's true. It happened on my lunch hour I had to borrow my brother car to get back to work and then I finished it up the next day. Kinda of a fix in a bind as well as on a budget. I will post some pics next week.

rhermanstein
04-07-2009, 03:30 PM
How do you post pictures from my computer to this page?

Dave@RACEWARE
04-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Guys hope every one is doing well with the radiators and for those that missed out I found 2 more in doing our spring cleaning. Since they are from the first batch I will sell them for the orginal $495 plus shipping.

Thanks Dave
267-718-0340

rzimmerl
04-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Ordered mine today, can't wait to get it installed.

Mike8675309
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
How do you post pictures from my computer to this page?

Here are rhermanstein's pictures of a modified thermostat housing with different upper radiator hose.

http://media.motortopia.com/files/cars/album_thermostat_housing/49e14a8dddd34/tn_full_Engine_4-7-09_004jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg (http://www.motortopia.com/photos/397903)
http://media.motortopia.com/files/cars/album_thermostat_housing/49e14a9d27183/tn_full_Engine_4-7-09_005jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg (http://www.motortopia.com/photos/397904)
http://media.motortopia.com/files/cars/album_thermostat_housing/49e14aa7c8618/tn_full_Engine_4-7-09_006jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg (http://www.motortopia.com/photos/397905)

Chambers
04-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Why is the over flow tube turn to the right instead of the left?

Mike8675309
04-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Why is the over flow tube turn to the right instead of the left?

In the pictures? In the pictures, the tube is going to the right because that's where the coolant recovery tank is on that year car. You can see it in the picture.

rhermanstein
04-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for putting these pics up for me Mike. Hope they help if anyone has the same issue.

Dave@RACEWARE
04-23-2009, 04:17 PM
The only problem I see with the instalation is the logo on the cap is not straight. LOL!!

Dave

rhermanstein
06-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Does Raceware make any aluminum radiators for the 93-97 Z28 Camaro?

gldiii
06-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Does Raceware make any aluminum radiators for the 93-97 Z28 Camaro?

Contact info for Dave is in the first post in this thread. You will need to contact him directly for other requests.

RedFox
07-18-2009, 04:45 PM
With the OEM rad the coolant capacity is 11.2 litres or 11.8 US quarts.

Has anyone determined what is the increased coolant capacity with the raceware rad?

roadfever2
04-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Are these still available? If so I am assuming they would be at the $564.95 price.

Duffy Floyd
04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Again....contact Dave Gerard at Raceware for your answers. Contact info in first post.

DriftingThunder
05-10-2011, 03:04 AM
I never did post a picture of my install, so here ya go! :) I had to shave the top of the bracket to make room for the DIC, but otherwise, it was a terribly easy install. Don't mind my less-than-beautiful bay!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/driftingthunder/94%20Thunderbird%20SC/0901011742.jpg

Works great so far but I haven't really put it to work yet. This summer though...

DriftingThunder
09-01-2011, 05:47 PM
So I've been running this radiator for several months now, and I'm very impressed! :)

Here is my water temp in 99* F weather during a drive through the city on the way home:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/driftingthunder/0901011610a.jpg

Here is my water temp in 70-80* F weather on a highway (the needle didn't move much throughout that outside temp range)
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/driftingthunder/0821012139.jpg

Thanks again DuffyFloyd!

95_XR7
04-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Has anyone been able to get a hold of Dave Gerard?
I've tried a few times with no success.

-Corey

RedFox
04-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Just a heads up for the guys who have purchased this rad:

I have a 5 speed car and I noticed a leak from where the transmission lines would normally hook up to the radiator. So I plugged it but it shortly began to leak again. I then completely sealed it. I obviously have some kind of issue inside my rad but if I had an auto tranny, I would have never noticed it until a significant amount of antifreeze would have been lost.

I am sure that you are aware of the ravages that any amount of antifreeze can cause to an automatic transmission.

Hopefully, this issue is limited to my rad.

SuperCoupe
03-23-2013, 03:10 PM
So I've been running this radiator for several months now, and I'm very impressed! :)

Here is my water temp in 99* F weather during a drive through the city on the way home:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/driftingthunder/0901011610a.jpg

Here is my water temp in 70-80* F weather on a highway (the needle didn't move much throughout that outside temp range)
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/driftingthunder/0821012139.jpg

Thanks again DuffyFloyd!

GAWD! I don't think my gauges has ever seen this position! I wish I could have been in on this.
:(