Another day in the ownership of a Super Coupe, lol

BArtkowsky

For the past few weeks I have been losing power more and more by the day. My boost has been around 8psi, it hesitates, bucks off to a start, has slow pickup, and cuts out under heavy throttle. I thought it may be the fuel pump so i tested the fuel pressure. with the key on engine off it was a little below the specs but was within normal range with it running. I noticed my belt for the supercharger was streched out to the point where it has just enough tension to stay turning on the supercharger, so i had to order a new gatorback belt from auto zone which will be in tomorrow. I had noticed some clanging coming from underneath the car and it sounds like ~~~~. I deemed it to be my pretty old flowmaster cat back resonator has rusted out and the insides are just rattling away(lasted prob about 10 years though) It does have 171k on the stock cats so i figured id drill a hole before the cats to see if it made a difference and it made a slight difference so i think they are just about clogged. With the holes drilled i get like 10psi of boost on heave throttle. I ordered 2.5 inch magnaflow high flow cats and a 2.5 dual inlet to 3" single outlet resonator from SCP and just waiting on those for right now. Anyone have any input on this situation or know how to get the magnaflows set up right seeing as the stock cat setup is such a pain in the ~~~ with the top pipe going st8 down into the drivers side, anyone know how much it would cost to have a pipe bent to fit it in that aspect? Also how hard is it to change injector o rings and where to check for vaccum leaks? I got a code yesterday that the oxygen sensor is running lean on bank 2... Thanks

Drilling the hole on the exhaust before the cats might be causing that O2 sensor reading. What I did and, not inexpensive was to buy the SCP 2.1/4" downpipes (with the high flow cats included) and they fit fairly nicely over the flared ends of the 2" Flowmaster resonator entry pipes (my resonator clanks too, bye the way, due to the broken baffle weld inside). I've heard good things about the Magnaflow resonator; but if you have a 3" exit pipe are you having a new center pipe made or just tapering it down to the Flowmasters 2.1/2"

The code for the lean o2 sensor was before i drilled the hole before the cats. I was just going to taper the 3" from the resonator down to whatever the flowmaster pipe diameter was. Basically i was gonna cut the pipe right behind the resonator and use the rest of the flowmaster.

Back