5spd guys, clutch pedal feel.....

slipknot1212121

well I did the 5 spd swap and used the old master cylinder from the swap , the rod had no plastic bushing and was eggshaped and had a good 1 inch of pedal play before you could feel the clutch...well i got a new master cylinder and wow what a difference!!! nice and stiff and no rattling play...I have not bled the system yet as it got dark, But what I did notice is that with the old master cylinder the clutch pedal would go to the floor(but would disengage the clutch to shift) with the new one in, the pedal stops an inch or 2 before the floor?? So my question is, Should the clutch pedal be going all the way to the floor??If not then I can see why my old master was bad....also is there sopposed to be like a rubber bumper pedal stop or something?? thanx

I'm no pedal expert but here's what I know. My 95’s clutch was done just prior to my purchase and has less then 5k on it since it was done. As I look at the work history here's what parts were consumed:
  1. Pressure Plate
  2. Clutch Disk
  3. Sleeve
  4. Cylinder Assembly
  5. Clutch Assembly
My pedal goes to the floor when I step on it. My truck pedal goes to the floor when I step on it and my wife's old car's pedal went to the floor when I stepped on it. Sorry that's all I know. Hope this helps.:)

great...anyone else?? it was an ebay special...but when i got it I was suprised to see it was a wagner,looks the same, everything fit...I thought it was a lil wierd it didnt go to the floor,like if you went to power shift and slam the clutch in it feels like it would rip it out of the firewall...thats why i asked about some sort of stop...anybody??

There is a stop with a piece of rubber on the clutch pedal bracket that the pedal stops against when you have it "to the floor". When I press my clutch pedal, it has a little travel before the clutch starts to disengage, and thats on a new slave cylinder, clutch, and after bleeding the system.

- Dan

dont know about a rubber stop - however any stick car you jump into the pedal will go to the floor

my pedal went to the floor. The whole system was replaced right before I got the car. The only thing I didn't like about the clutch was how high it grabbed

I believe that if the system isn't bled, it will go all the way to the floor as you are still compressing air.

If the system is bled fully, there isn't sufficient travel in the slave before it is mechanically at it's limit. There is more travel in the pedal than the slave, so if the slave is at it's mechanical limit, the clutch pedal should not be.

Back