SVT Focus VS The SC (long story)

D

DJPhlex

SVT Focus VS The SC (long story)

I'm taking my girlfriend home for the evening, its roughly 12:20am, we're on I 30 in Texas, cruising in the fast lane going the speed of the car infront of us (which was 70mph)... My girlfriend and i are in deep conversation, when all of a sudden we hear an exhaust that sounds like dog _____ (insert your word)! This is the nastiest exhaust i've heard in forever.. we look over to see what ricer is making all this racket, and its an ugly ____ Focus,
with a wing on the top of it too! To make matters worse the exhaust appears to be stock looking from the back end. I can only assume this was the SVT Focus. As my girl and i cruise by we both Mad Dog the drivers of this thing; who appear to be in some sort of rush. Our tint was too dark to see cause they had slightly tinted windows also, but it was a white guy driving with a passenger, two average size people. (anyone got the est. weight of the focus?)
Well, my girl and i laugh at it and talk about how bad it sounds then carry on with a big conversation we had been having, not paying too much attention to anything, and just cruising. All of a Sudden in my mirror i see the focus Whip Behind Me, cutting the car behind me, maybe 3 car lengths back, Off. Plus the guy is riding my tail,and i'm steaming getting mad, but still in my big conversation.. so i opt to slow down to 60 mph, as the car who was infront of me moves out of the fast lane. This guy behind me just doesn't get it and couldn't get much closer to my rear bumper.
Now i'm wishing i was alone in my car, because at this point, i would have stood on the breaks to slow to 20!
How ever i am in mid sentence getting all in touch with my feelings and stuff with my girl, and then.... the FUCus gets into the right lane fast and hammers the gas and cutts me off, real nasty; Just as i am saying "...i had a really nice day with you too." In a split second i hammer the gas, jump in the right lane and try to catch the focus who is by now at least doing 90... as i hit 100, my bumper is passing the passenger door of the focus, and i am getting kinda scared, thinking to myself "I didn't know that POS Focus could go that fast!"
I see the updrive light scream at me, but i have to ignore it, there is no slowing down now if i want to beat him... and an 18-wheeler is coming up fast in my lane!
As i pass 120, i quickly look in my sideview, and cut the focus off probally by 1 foot. As i cruise by the 18-wheeler, a cops radar comes up on my detector, and my exit is coming up fast, so i slow to 70 and get in the far right hand lane... As the focus approaches it switches to the center lane and swerves at me as he flys by doing 90. I exit and my freaked out but kind of excite girlfriend is looking at me like, woah!
My girlfriend and I are in the car as well as my two 10s in a big box that fits firmly in the trunk, as well as my girl's bookbag containing her college books, and a bag full of her clothes (we are about to go on vacation tommorrow morning, and she packs like we are going away for a month). To get technical i also had a bunch of beer bottles in the car left behind after a night in Shreveport (3 hour drive each way in the SC). So i'm sure my SC out weighs the Fucus by alot.
I was still however shocked at how fast that thing cut me off.. how fast do those POS cars run a 1/4 in?

Should i be proud of this kill? personally i'm kinda depressed now.

-Aaron Pierre
91 SC, exhaust/portedblower

120mph passing..

oh yeah, to make something clear, i'm not sure how fast i was going when i cut the focus off.. my needle was burried at 120, but i was too busy watching to the 18-wheeler ahead of me to estimate an exact speed, when i passed the focus.

Re: 120mph passing..

Good Kill Aaron!

Side Note: Da Houston Blower Crew is getting together for the FFW at BayTown on May 4/5th. I will be in town on May 3rd, I believe we are going to meet at Jeff's crib (j57ltr).

Drop me an email!

Cheers,
Calvin

SVT Ford Focus

standing quarter-mile 15.77 at 90.59mph
170hp at 7,000 rpm
145 lb-ft at 5,500 rpm

Impossible to of been an SVT Focus.. They never went into production.. Unless it was some prototype..

True. The SVT Focus arrives at dealers in September.

I doubt its a prototype... I work at the plant that makes the focus ( 4 door and wagon) we also hand built 8 SVT foci here. If you see any on the roads, then it will be around metro detroit. They already have a recall on these lol

I don't think they have hit the markets yet. Edmunds.com did a shoot out with the SVT Focus, Civis SI and Turbo Beetle, guess what the Focus killed the other two, bad. If Ford can just get all those recalls/defects fixed. Also the SVT Focus is a 2 door hatch only and weights around 2600.

This car is really a good all-round sports compact. Via Edmunds.

0-60 7.5
1/4 15.8 @ 90.2
60-0 118 feet
600 feet slalom 68.2 mph, faster then the Z06, M3, and WRX that they have tested
Its final score was 91.6, the best score in any comparison test they've conducted over the past two years.
They con was wind-and-road noise, and not great fit-finish.

02.ford.focussvt.f34.500.jpg

svt mabe

Well it may have not been an official SVT but there is everything in there world out there already to make a focus look like and svt and run better than a stock one :) aka joe morgon :p.

Re: svt mabe

Yesterday at Fun Ford Weekend at Atlanta Dragway The fastest Focus ran a 14.3 but it was modified a bit. A couple of them ran in the mid 15's but most of them looked like turtles and ran in the 18's. My best for the weekend was a 13.85 which was .12 off of my best and Rick cunningham ran a 13.38 for his best ever.

Re: svt mabe

I saw one around SE Mass - Driving like an idiot. I don't know if it was a fake but it did look stock, no stickers or stripes.
Thought I was seeing things but didn't want to slow down to double check. The kid driving did look surprised when I blasted by him - I guess I shouldn't have laughed at him revving at the light, not good to add insult to injury. But it was much faster than I thought it should be.

Aaron

focus

i didn' see a SVT emblem on it, i don't think...
It was for sure the two door , and it did have a big ugly wing on the top of it.. So i don't know for sure if it was an SVT or if it was a supped up new focus. It might have had a turbo on it.. I put up my stereo so i would't have to listen to its nasty exhaust.

squirrely?

I've got a friend who spent 4 years at Jackson State prision for vehicular homicide. His story starts out exactly like yours exept the cars rubbed when he cut back in and they both wiped out. The guy he was racing hit a huge bolder and it splattered him. His passenger was in a coma for a couple-o-weeks and then came out of it but was never quite the same.

Food for thought

focus

it proble was an fr-200 that would be a ford prototype that will kill our cars it is a 500,000 dollar toy that ford made

Re: focus

ive seen the fr 200 driving around town...it seemed pretty pretty quick...

WTF are you guys talking about? We got Focus SVT's here last month?!

And some friends were at Gateway about 3 weeks back and saw one running mid 15's all night.

E.T. wise you should be able to handle a focus SVT. Naturally the stock 89-93 AOD's will have a harder time and the win could go either way. But at 90mph that's a pretty competitive number which is why you found it so hard to hold him off up high. Face it...stock, our cars suck on top.

BUT, down low you've got over twice the torque which means you should soundly trash a Focus SVT off the light. (and probably never look back)

From what I hear, the SVT's are very well tuned out of the box. I doubt the aftermarket can come up with anything exhaust wise which will prove more than 5HP. Some creative intake work could squeeze out maybe 10HP, but it will cost a LOT of doe to get any kind of significant performance out of the SVT w/ just bolt ons.

If I had one I would just slap on a Jackson Racing blower, open the intake/exhaust a little more and forget about it.

Micah

P.S. Thanks to this debate I'm now gonna get hounded from Anderson Ford to buy one of their Focus SVT's. I may as well stop up over the weekend, drive one and get it over with.

i swear they are so fuggin ugly!

yeah, i also saw the ford focus thing at FFW in ennis last year, they had a whole exclusive on them. It was the most boring drug out part of the day. it sucked. the fastest ran a 14.5 and it was all riced out. everybody was getting tired of watching it. Although they were giving away $2000 for the fastest that day.....nevermind that over half of them were rental cars! :D

Back