Production start on LECB's and rear torsional load brace's

Status
Not open for further replies.

blown94cougar

Hey guys Ive been doing some research on suspension bracing and after many hit or miss opportunities on acquiring a set for my own Cougar Im starting production on a ECB and a TLB here are some pictures of them Im quite honestly tired of hearing well ask this guy or see if kenny brown is making them again and researching parts no one can find...I have built a jig for both of these products and can make them for as little as $60 each shipped not the 130 shipped like some places are charging for there design LECB's so let me know There will be no month wait it takes me about a day to make either the RTLB or the LECB's and it will be shipped within 3 days to your door.All that is required is a $10 dollar deposit to begin the part you want and that will be used for shipping Pm me or contact me @ 973-827-2053 Outlaw kustoms or post a message on here I will do Paypal or M/O heres the pictures

Attachments

• 100_1400.jpg
    100_1400.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 366
  • 100_1401.jpg
    100_1401.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_1402.jpg
    100_1402.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
Ps the production on these will also not be discontinued or siezed as long as I am physically able to make these products I will .Just dont ask me in 50 years I might not be able to get out of my bed by then let alone weld :D

I already have a set of the LECB, and they are awaiting for me to install them, but I am interested in what the other brace you are making is supposed to do. I am in the process of putting together my '90 Annie 5 speed. It is going to be as stock appearing as possible (with the exception on the Tokiko lowering springs I'll be putting into it), and will be running the motor in about stock form as well. I read that the LECB will help prevent the cracking of the firewall over time. Just looking for the benefit of the other part you offer..

From the picture, it looks like it may be the lowest part of the car. I'd worry about dragging it on speed bumps or the like. Is it the lowest point??

Thanks!

No it is not the lowest point on the car, my car is lowered 2" and has not touched yet the benefit of this brace is that it keeps the weak rear lower control arm pivot points (rear mounts) from flexing it aids in the pursuit to stop wheelhop and provides more stable and predictable handling in the rear of the car....kenny brown and johnny made braces kenny browns are made in square 1x1" steel I believe but have since stopped production as far as I can tell ,Mine are made from stronger tubular steel 4130 chromoly the same as the lighter version rollcages are made from, tubular is far better as it also resists twisting found in square stock the LECB's are made in square stock but they arent prone to twisting just pull and push forces of the K-member also mine are quite cheaper then the others

Last edited:
all braces are bolt on the ECB's need a tab welded to the front subframe rails but is very easy my design also clears larger down tubes and is unboltable from the k-member and the tab ....the TLB is a complete bolt on and uses existing holes in that area

Last edited:
looks good. Why are your front braces in need of a trab welded whereas the SCP ones dont.

i'M AWAY FOR WORK BUT WHEN i GET HOME i'LL BE SENDING YOU A DEPOSIT OF THAT REAR BRACE

Thanks
PS sorry about the caps :O)

Mine are not the same as SCP performance's though in theory they work alike to produce the same end result

Last edited:
I have access to powder coating but i'd need a minimum order of 50 pieces to lower the price otherwise it would be to much per part right now there painted with por15 to protect against rust...I could get them powder coated for ya if you want but honestly you'd probably better off finding someone in your area just for now.... Im gonna be making rear shock tower braces as well and will post a picture once the 1st production is created...And since I just took out a loan to make these I will make around 50 ahead of them so all you guys have to do is Pm me a shipping address your phone# and what brace(s) you want then Paypal or send me a M/O for the price of the part which will remain at $60 for each one (ECB's are a set) and they will be sent out asap ....no excuses ....I do however prefer M/o sent priority mail with confirmation # its much more safe I dont trust using my credit card on the internet and as soon as you pm me a confirmation # your part will go out...I already have around 10 of each set made and I am going to make more tomorrow so you guys dont have to wait on them...

Thanx,Keith

Last edited:
Forgot to mention I will cut you guys a deal if you buy the RLB and the ECB's I will knock $10 off the total sale ...thanx again guys..Keith

Last edited:
Im working right now with Preston at www.braincoating.com to offer various powdercoating colors and I already have lined up a local chroming company standard black is $60 shipped
triple chromed is $80 shipped
Im waiting on a price per part for powder coating shouldnt be that bad though probably cheaper than the chromed versions...I'm working on a front suspension brace that ties into the ECB to triangulate the K-member and tie it into the frame and a rear shock tower brace as well.After these things sell a little more Im going to fab some subframe connectors made from tubular 4130 most likely...Oh and just to mention these parts are built on a jig so no worries on fitment issues the TLB will clear 2x1/2" exhaust for anyone wondering Had a few ask about that...lemme know guys thank you

Last edited:
I dont believe a strut tower brace is really necessary the upper control arms take care of keeping the spindle in line everyone assumes since the mustangs have one the thunderbirds and cougar could use one to but there really not needed ...if anyone can prove me wrong I'd be willing to make them but I'd need to see some kind of data with motion of the strut towers ....seems like no one is interested in buying any of these braces though....I keep getting a yea i want'em and then nothing...well I'll give it one more week if i dont sell any im closing production on them

Where to send deposit to on rear brace.

Also Kenny brown had felt the need to create a strut tower brace and my v8 supercharged car has a mighty fine crack in the firewala conbination of the lower bracing with the strut tower bracing (that attatches to the firewall) may tie it all together well.

I also have the crack on my firewall on my 1994 SC .. I believe the LECB's tied from the subframe to the frame of the car will help, as well as a Shock tower brace to help tie it together.
Ive installed the Shock tower brace on a 1990 SC that SCP sells, not sure who makes it, but I believe it is of inferior quality and wont do anything for the SC or any other Tbird for that matter .. when you stand it on end, you can bend it without much effort. Not exactly a stiffening brace.

- Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back