Power seat and power lock not working

Evan_90SC

Is the passenger side power seat and the passenger side power door lock on the same power source? My passenger seat will barely move when using the power seat adjustments, and the door lock on the passenger side doesn't work. I can hear the motor trying to work when using the power lock, but it never can power it enough to unlock or lock the door. Where is the motor, (or motors), that powers these things, behind the door panel? Or is it a fuse? Thanks

Will the door locks work using the other door lock switch.....

I have seen quite a few door looks do what your's is doing and it was just a bad switch.....

The door lock actuator is rivetted to the bottom corner of the door.....

Look for the big rivet in the corner......

Your seat tracks could use some grease or it could be binding up on something under the seat....

Will the door locks work using the other door lock switch.....

I have seen quite a few door looks do what your's is doing and it was just a bad switch.....

The door lock actuator is rivetted to the bottom corner of the door.....

Look for the big rivet in the corner......

Your seat tracks could use some grease or it could be binding up on something under the seat....

Yea, the power locks work fine when using the one on the drivers side. So I should just replace the switch? What about a rivet....?

The rivit holds the door lock actuator to the bottom of the door frame....

Your problem is the switch isn't letting enough volts through to power the actuator.....

Just replace the switch and everything should work normally.....

The rivit holds the door lock actuator to the bottom of the door frame....

Your problem is the switch isn't letting enough volts through to power the actuator.....

Just replace the switch and everything should work normally.....

Is replacing the switch easy, does it just unscrew or something? I've never taken a door panel off this car before. Anything I should know before I do it? Anything that could brake in the process? Does it just pop off? I think I should go borrow the shop manual from my friend...again, or get my own. :rolleyes: Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm just posting again to get my listing back on the top of the list. Anyone got any suggestions about my previous post?

Door panel comes off very easy, I believe there are 5 screws that hold it in place (maybe 4?). I could get you the locations if you need them

Door panel comes off very easy, I believe there are 5 screws that hold it in place (maybe 4?). I could get you the locations if you need them

No thanks, if it is that easy then i'll be ok. I just wanted to make sure it isn't going to be difficult to get out.

Back