PDA

View Full Version : Kentuckiana chapter needed! (S-indiana N-kentucky area)

Jacob_Royer
09-11-2007, 11:26 AM
We need a chapter for the southern indiana/northern KY area! I know 1 other SC'r around here and thats it!! DrFishborne and he says theres a couple guys in louisville area too..

ScrapSC
09-11-2007, 12:06 PM
There are 4 of us that I know of in the Lexington/Georgetown area. Would be cool to meet up and to a track or get some wings. We usually go to the track in Clay City.

Jacob_Royer
09-11-2007, 01:05 PM
I usualy go to US-60 in hardinsburg KY but its probably nowhere near you guys.. Anybody going to the shootout?? Im planning on it!

ScrapSC
09-11-2007, 07:11 PM
should be about 14 of us headed that way with 4 maybe 5 cars running at the track. I was going to head to mountain park dragway, clay city, on friday for test and tune. It starts at 6 and ends at 11...... should be 3 maybe 4 of us there...

ScrapSC
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Anyone other than my clan from Georgetown are going? I have a cousin coming in from Virginia that will be attending and another one from Louisville taking his 331 Paxton charges Fox Body.

We are rolling out Friday morning around 6 a.m.

Galileopisa
09-22-2007, 03:13 AM
I'm in Russell Springs/Jamestown. by Lake Cumberland. but I travel to Lou. alot.

Jacob_Royer
09-30-2007, 02:22 AM
Lou not to far from me about 45mins..

ScrapSC
10-09-2007, 02:09 PM
We should all meet up this Friday at the track in Clay City. It is open till 2am this Friday for Midnight Madness. Be good to run some best times with the weather, high of 60's and a low in the evening of 38..... Nice supercharger weather..!!!!!!!!!

Jacob_Royer
10-10-2007, 02:38 PM
I would greatly consider it if my SCran right.. thats a 140mile drive or so for me..

Big_Mike
10-13-2007, 08:12 PM
i live in owensboro and so far i am the only with an intrest in sc's around here
there are 5 in the area that i know of and only mine and one other run
two 89 5 speeds (one that wont be sold... been trying for years) and the other looks beaten with a bat and dont run
one 93 with cracked heads and a 92 thats being torn down by a retard (3000 for the engine with a thrown rod)
so a chapter in the area would help me to find others with similar intrests since so far i havent found many

Jacob_Royer
10-25-2007, 10:46 AM
We need a chapter!! Jeff Burton is also in our area!

croglesby
10-26-2007, 02:18 AM
I am about to go back to Evansville. Girlfriend lives there. about to move in. ( means more money for car YEAH!! ) I think ownsborro or whatever is a hour or two away. I think but wont be able to get there for a month or so. I have never seen a supercoupe there.

DrFishbone
10-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Yup...I think I tried this a few years back too! I think I got several "short-timer's" and Jeff Bratton speak up. Maybe with 3+ of us already networking, it'll get rolling. I've found probably around 20-25 SC's in the area, one new one this morning on the way to work....surely there's a couple of them on here.

Jacob_Royer
10-28-2007, 11:30 PM
We need large banners accross are rear windows WWW.SCCOA.COM hehe maybe then other people with sc's will go hmmm wonder what that is? and go there!

DrFishbone
10-29-2007, 07:33 AM
That would help, but I think most people just don't care. :( I have met...one or two different people that used to own an SC and we're really excited that Ihad one. Most people don't seem to care though...

Jacob_Royer
10-29-2007, 12:58 PM
There is a guy here in town with one that i want to smack everytime i see him.. LOoks like he ran it in a demo derby.. Has 2 lx wheels and a emergency spare.. been driving it like that for 2 years! full of trash...covered in mud, rust, scratches, dents broken quarter glass... cracked windshield engine rattle missing exhaust... missing gfx pieces.. saw him putting 86 octane in it one day!

ScrapSC
10-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Well there are 4 or 5 of us here in the Lexington area looking for people to hook up with and just shoot the $hi1 with, maybe even go to the 1/4 mile track at midnight mayhem's. I am pulling my engine and swapping out the cam, checking my heads etc... so it will be down till I can run again in the spring. My wifes car runs in the 12.70 range and she is always up to hit the track. My cousin runs low 14's and my father in law is swapping out pistons in his car.... I did the heads on mine, my cousins, my father-in-laws car and they seem to flow pretty good. I modeled them after the ones I put on my Wife's car.... My other cousin has a 331 paxton charged Mustang and he usually goes with us as well.

We need to keep in touch and try to set a date to meet up and get a bite to eat or even meet at the track in the spring...

Jacob_Royer
10-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Agreed........

schlarmanm1
07-20-2008, 02:59 PM
there's a club not a chapter its called cintcc you can check it out at www.cintcc.com i also think there is a sccoky coming soon.

ScrapSC
07-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Hope to see this come together!!!

ScrapSC
07-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Anybody up for meeting at Sonic in Georgetown around 7 to 7:30 on Friday the 8th????

schlarmanm1
03-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Here is the SCCOKY web site like i stated above http://home.insightbb.com/~mchambers07/ there is also a Cincinnati Thunderbird and cougar club call www.cintcc.com its not just for SC's tho.

Poobah
03-18-2009, 11:57 AM
I am in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Tried to join the SCCOK site and ended up with a server error, so I doubt that it worked.

DrFishbone
03-18-2009, 12:55 PM
I am in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Tried to join the SCCOK site and ended up with a server error, so I doubt that it worked.

Hey nice! Right around the corner from me. When I get finished out-of-town, we'll have to meet up. :)

ScrapSC
03-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Would be nice for everyone to get together at the track. There will be a track day at Clay City's Mountain Park Dragway on April 5th. Opens at 8am and closes at 7pm for $40. Run all you want.

Durdybird
08-31-2009, 03:44 AM
I'm new to the Super coupes. I have owned other T-birds. Always wanted a SC and finally got one about a year ago :D I don't know if any of you all ever venture towards Ohio Valley Raceway or not or the Louisville or Clarksville area or not but, it would be pretty neat to meet up sometime. I haven't run my car yet still doing some work to it. Having cooling issues right now.

DrFishbone
08-31-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm new to the Super coupes. I have owned other T-birds. Always wanted a SC and finally got one about a year ago :D I don't know if any of you all ever venture towards Ohio Valley Raceway or not or the Louisville or Clarksville area or not but, it would be pretty neat to meet up sometime. I haven't run my car yet still doing some work to it. Having cooling issues right now.

Hey man - welcome! I actually live in New Albany and work in Louisville. Haven't visited the Ohio Valley Raceway though - do you make trips there? We'll have to meet-up sometime. :cool:

Jeff Bratton
09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Nice to see we have another SC in the Louisville area... cool!

I have never ventured to Ohio Valley neither, but have friends, co-workers that have.

Maybe we all can meet up sometime and have a meet and greet here soon. I'm all for that.

Welcome to the boards by the way.

Jeff

ScrapSC
09-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Anybody want to meet up at Ohio Valley tonight? We will be heading there for some test n tune!

DrFishbone
09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
That'd be nice...car's not ready yet though. :rolleyes: Are you going to the shootout? I do believe I am this year. :D

Jeff Bratton
09-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Anthony.... so did all 3 of you guys go... Sally, Dan and you? How are the twins doing? They coming to the shootout with you guys with a T-Bird to race?

Let us know how you guys faired at the Valley.... want to know?

See ya at the Shootout.

Jeff