Cam Or Crank Sensor??

kennster

I sometimes have trouble starting my 92 SC when the engine is hot...now on the highway the tach started to twitch and then the engine started puttering..and backfiring ,,and the tach was going nuts...i finally got it going and drove it home...just wondering..is it the cam or crank sensor that may be doing this???or is it something worse??thanks in advance guys...

at first i thought it was the cam caus of the no start but then when read on adn u said bout the tach jumping that sounds more along the lines of the DIS module. My advice is that if they are all the factory sensors, buy a new dis module, cam, and crank sensor and replace at the same time cuas they all work in a series.

chris

right on bud....thanks

thanks..any clue to how much all of those pieces are???i know i will have to convert to canadian pesos....thanks again..

Cam sensor runs around $30, DIS/ICM runs around $110, crank sensor runs around $60.

Personally, I'd go walk up the price ladder.. cam sensor first (easiest to replace), then the crank sensor, and finally the DIS/ICM and see if it fixes the problem. Here's something which should help you.. If when you're cranking the engine, the uparrow lites up and stays lit, then the crank sensor is the culprit.

Back