Oil leak???/??

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Well when replacing the PCV valve i notice i have a pool of oil on the passenger side intake manifold.. Its very clean looking and I am posative that I did NOT spill it when changing the oil...Checked the driver side and its bone dry... I'm pretty darn sure its NOT the valve cover leaking because it has the nice permatourque thick gaskets with the gromets in all the bolt holes etc.. And the gasket looks dry.. The oil fill looks dry the top of the valve cover is dry Where could this be comming from??? the area of the PCV valve was very clean.. Also i only smell burnt oil after getting in the boost for awhile.. It somehow is getting on the exhaust on the pass side.. I didn't check the oil level of the SC because it was dark and parked on a slant but i will check it tommarow.. Could the SC leak anywhere near the back of the unit?? Could the intake to the head gasket be leaking?? whatever it is it seems to only be on the passenger side..

If it's on the intake manifold it's probably leaking from the blower snout. Or it may have been spilled the last time the oil was changed.

David

Oil in this engine has only been changed twise and every time i have i've not spilled any.. I used a funel and was careful...I have however had the blower apart so that could make sense that it wasnt sealing well.. I'll check the SC oil level later.. I filled it to the plug was that over full??

I also found a small plastic vac line back near the PCV valve not hooked to anything.. its hard plastic type and i have no idea where it goes???

I also found a small plastic vac line back near the PCV valve not hooked to anything.. its hard plastic type and i have no idea where it goes???

Does the plastic line seem to go through the passenger side fire wall? If so, it goes to the hardline junction that has the PVC valve built into it.

Sounds like the snout's leaking. Yes, you are suppose to fill it to the plug. You probably didn't get a good seal whenever you glued the snout back on, or if you used any silicone at all.

Sounds like the one that goes to the fuel vapor charcoal canister evac solenoid thingy.

BTW, I've had the snout seal push out a couple times, because of that flimsy bent wire that is used to retain the seal. If you haven't already done so, replace that POS with a regular snap ring.

David

I checked and the oil level in the SC is deffinately lower than it was when i filled it so it looks like im going to be pulling it... I thought i had an engine oil leak!! I was leaving drips here and there after i ran it hard and it aparently runs down and gets on the exhaust because you could smell it.. The vac line looks long like it goes over to the driverside?? its broke and i cant see much behind the engine to figure out exactly what its for??

Start the motor up and then grab the line and put your finger over it to see if it is pulling a vacuum. If there's no suction, then it isn't a vacuum leak.

My cruise works fine.. I figured out where it goes.. The end was broke off where it goes in the tree behind the supercharger.. The supercharger is deffinately leaking out the bottom where it put the sections together.. Guess I will be pulling the blower soon.. At least its not the engine leaking or blowing oil like i suspected at first..

Maybe i need to CONVINCE the wife that my supercharger is BAD and i need a late model :) hows a stock late model stack up to a ported early model?

There are a couple of threads floating around about the late model vs. early model blowers. Check them out.

Back