ic tube

BrentSC

i was told by ford today that you cant use silicone to seal the intercooler tube lol. they said the stuff i need to seal it is discontinued. im guessing after a certan rpm it starts to suck in outside air through the ~~~~ sealing job i did. is there a check engine light for this because mine comes on after 3000 rpm. does it make sence ??? lol

and what do you guys think i should use to seal the ic tube, thanks

brent

Permatex Ultra Copper RTV Gasket Maker. That works. Standard silicone doesn't give enough and will just separate and leak.

It's available in most auto parts stores and is in a copper colored tube.

I can vouch for that. I used this stuff on the ic tubes and the blower hat. Sets up in about an hour and is fully cured in about 24 hours. I put on a thin bead, smoothed it out and then waited about 15 minutes then screwed everything on!!

buy a set of the teflon gaskets a couple of people on this site sell and never mess with rvt sealant again, plus they're reusable. I have them on 2 of my sc's and they're great, I'm sure many people on this site will back me up.

buy a set of the teflon gaskets a couple of people on this site sell and never mess with rvt sealant again, plus they're reusable. I have them on 2 of my sc's and they're great, I'm sure many people on this site will back me up.

Agreed, why anyone still uses tape or sealers is beyond me. The gaskets are reuseable over and over again and seal dead tight

Ken

I put them on every SC I work on.....

Back