rebuild or move on?

LordBear

ok..i have an 89 sc...recently had new tokiko shocks put on and water pump..luv the car but going to be living on a budget do to disability.. i will be getting a settlement for back oweing. and need a dependable car..decent on gas that has plenty of go..any how..i was happy with the car except that it was tired and i wld like a little more hp out of it..enough to deal with those pesky na hondas...any how..wld this car be worth puting a new motor in to with a magnapowers kit from supercoupe performance..or ditching the car?..by the way i got noise coming from the bottom end and cant drive it now. i did ask this in tccoa..but cldnt get a good answer from any one.

Nothing against these cars, but they are a high maintenance machine. If on a budget, are you really going to be able to fix all the little things like wheel bearings ($100 a pop) or the ABS system. These are parts that get real expensive real fast. I needed a daily for the wife, so we picked up a low mileage 1998 Crown Vic for $5,000 back in 2003. It gets pretty decent mileage at 26-27 mpg on the highway and 22-23 around town. Not bad for a V8. And, there are plenty of upgrades for it as well. Go to www.crownvic.net to look at some. just my $.02

I purchased my 93 from a guy that loved his car but simply couldn't be comfortable driving it anymore due to a disability. If you aren't comfortable getting in and out of a low slung car, consider dumping it. Also if you are on a budget, and don't feel the need for a toy, I'd go and finance a $8k car that has a 10 year warranty.

Those pesky NA honda's will run forever with basic oil changes and a timming belt every 100k... I've owned an accord with 575k miles on it! my acura(honda) integra has 196k on it and doesen't use a drop of oil and gets 32mpg running it pretty hard.. SC's are NOT a good daily driver anymore... Mine has a new engine in it and i find somthing new wrong with it every day :)

Back