I need a power steering pump.

HighOctane

and at least one of the lines is leaking.. anyone got one kicking around? I'm too broke right now to buy a reman.

Just remember if you disconnect the high pressure side, you will need a NEW teflon coupling seal to properly re-connect it. Think you have a leak now, try re-using your existing coupling seal..... :eek:

Bruce

Didn't know that.. thanks for the heads up.. is the seal dealer only?
It doesn't leak that bad, I would almost leave it but the retard that I bought the car from let it run dry so many times that even full of fluid the pump drowns everything else out including the blower at full throttle.

I think I've got one "kicking around". Are you going to the shootout?

Dan

Didn't know that.. thanks for the heads up.. is the seal dealer only?
It doesn't leak that bad, I would almost leave it but the retard that I bought the car from let it run dry so many times that even full of fluid the pump drowns everything else out including the blower at full throttle.

Unfortunately no.. I have to work :mad:
I drained it and refilled it with Lucas Power Steering Fix and.. it fixed it. Sort of. The noise is 95% gone and the steering functions normally, minus a little hard spot when turning right. So hopefully I'll be alright for a little while.. thanks though!

Thanks man, I was trying to be cheap and avoid it but I might have to succumb.. I got my tranny from him a couple of weeks ago and holy ~~~~ does he have a lot of stuff!
I have to go up to Barrie next weekend to pick up my exhaust now so maybe I'll kill two birds with one stone while I'm up that way..
I see your location says Niagara Falls/London.. I'm in the falls, I don't think I've ever met you before?

Hi Jamie, since you are coming all the way up for the exhaust I'll throw in the power steering pump for free. Any of the lines that I can get off without damage are yours also if you want them.

Trevor

Thanks man, I was trying to be cheap and avoid it but I might have to succumb.. I got my tranny from him a couple of weeks ago and holy ~~~~ does he have a lot of stuff!
I have to go up to Barrie next weekend to pick up my exhaust now so maybe I'll kill two birds with one stone while I'm up that way..
I see your location says Niagara Falls/London.. I'm in the falls, I don't think I've ever met you before?

I've been up on the "Lane" a couple of times with the bird but not too often. I usually drive my Mark VIII. I live in Niagara all summer as I own a boat but work in London from Sept to June.
My Bird is actually from Chippawa, my next door neighbour had if for years. I bought it off him three years ago and have been enjoying it since, going to car shows and cruise nights occasionally, but I like to keep the k's low so I don't drive it every day. It's a red 5speed with licence "TBIRD SC" so keep and eye out for me. Maybe we will run inot each other soon.
ttyl...

Trevor that would be amazing if you would throw that stuff in man! I really appreciate it! And yes I'll definitely take the lines!

ve3lt - If you see a titanium SC chasing you around that's me! I'll be up on the lane this sunday so I'll keep an eye out for ya.. there was a red one around a couple of years back that I'd run into occasionally, I believe his name was James.. is that you or your neighbor? Or a completely different guy? Anyways I'm sure I'll run into you at some point before the season ends..

Thanks again Trevor!

I was up there like two weeks ago to get my tranny! I was going to buy a power steering pump but I decided to get the exhaust instead.. priorities huh. Now Trevor is nice enough to help my budget by throwing the pump in!
Although I may have to stop at Brians anyways, the stupid clip on the clutch pedal broke and it's kinda rigged up right now.. not fun when you shift hard and the clutch pedal just kinda flops there.

I haven't seen that guy in probably three or four years so who knows what happened to him. There's also a black automatic SC that I see on very rare occasions in the north end of the city but have never had a chance to talk to the person.

Back