Clear Corners

Evan_90SC

There are orange bulbs under the stock corner lenses right?....so if I get clear corners it will still be orange with the lights on or with turn signal on...?

The orange bulbs make orange light when lit and a hint of orange background when not lit. Since the laws in my state say something about orange reflectors, they're not legal. Check any car in a parking lot. There's either clear corners and an orange reflector or orange corner lights. I'm sure if the cops wanted to they could make me take them off. Maybe I should only drive my 90 at night...:D

Attachments

• clearcorner.jpg
    clearcorner.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
The orange bulbs make orange light when lit and a hint of orange background when not lit. Since the laws in my state say something about orange reflectors, they're not legal. Check any car in a parking lot. There's either clear corners and an orange reflector or orange corner lights. I'm sure if the cops wanted to they could make me take them off. Maybe I should only drive my 90 at night...:D

That picture is of your clear corner lit up at night right? Can't even tell that it's clear.:rolleyes: I'm undecided whether or not to do it because I don't want to replace the headlight covers, and they are a little yellowed. They're definetly not as bad as some I've seen, but they do have a little yellowed look to them, and I don't want the clear corners to look nice and crisp, with not so crisp looking headlight covers next to them. It would not be noticable from a distance, but it would from up close. :rolleyes:

I was worried about that as well...do you think if i bought brand new clear corners, would i have to buy brand new headlights as well to make it match and look good (18 year old headlights)?!?!?

I was worried about that as well...do you think if i bought brand new clear corners, would i have to buy brand new headlights as well to make it match and look good (18 year old headlights)?!?!?

Yup............ but I hear someone mention a solvent that cleans the yellow out. I also heard it doesn't last. Buuuuuuuuuutttt.. that's all hearsay because it's something I read and I've never tried it.

Last edited:
Did you buy new headlight covers when you got clear corners? Where did you get them? (both corners and headlights, if you got new headlights) I'm not sure how much to pay to get a good set of corners...also what kind of price tag could get me some good new headlight covers as well? I don't want to get anything cheap that won't last, but I don't want to spend a lot either.

You can get get headlights and clear corners on ebay for pretty cheap....what the installation like for these lights? does the whole bumper have to come off?

You can get get headlights and clear corners on ebay for pretty cheap....what the installation like for these lights? does the whole bumper have to come off?

I've seen the ones on ebay, but I was never too sure if those would be good or not, they seem kind of cheap. Anyone know if those would fit alright?...or if they might just dumb aftermarket lights that wouldn't fit... or last very long.
I've never done it, but I don't think the bumper has to come off to take off the lights, just the screws on the tops of them. But I could be wrong.

Hey burbank, where did you get those clear corners. I too wondered if the ones on ebay were just cheap pieces of crap because they only cost like $30
Where did you get yours?
Also, i see you dont have a amber bulb anymore, i figure that to be an easy switch but what does it do to your turn signals?

Did you buy new headlight covers when you got clear corners? Where did you get them? (both corners and headlights, if you got new headlights) I'm not sure how much to pay to get a good set of corners...also what kind of price tag could get me some good new headlight covers as well? I don't want to get anything cheap that won't last, but I don't want to spend a lot either.

I didn't do much research on the clear corners. I got them off of eBay. The price I paid were the cheapest aftermarket ones I could find and if they don't last I'll put on the old ones. They look good on a 17 year old white bird.

I haven't replaced the covers yet and mine are slightly yellow. The covers aren't as cheap. For the 89-93 it's about $100-$120 a set depending on shipping. There's a good selection on eBay. Maybe someone else can explain the replacement as I'm not sure.

Another thing i was confused about when looking on ebay for new headlights....... they make it seem like the headlights have different looks to them when looking at the pictures in the listings. Some are darker, some are shinier, and some are lighter, will they all look the same or do the headlights actually have different looks as the pictures display. I am only curious because i have purchased clear corners and if i want new headlights to match, i want to make sure i get the right looking headlights....

I didn't do much research on the clear corners. I got them off of eBay. The price I paid were the cheapest aftermarket ones I could find and if they don't last I'll put on the old ones. They look good on a 17 year old white bird.

I haven't replaced the covers yet and mine are slightly yellow. The covers aren't as cheap. For the 89-93 it's about $100-$120 a set depending on shipping. There's a good selection on eBay. Maybe someone else can explain the replacement as I'm not sure.

So even with slightly yellowed headlight covers, the clear corners still look alright? That would be the situation I'd be in if I decide to get some clear corners.

Yup............ but I hear someone mention a solvent that cleans the yellow out. I also heard it doesn't last. Buuuuuuuuuutttt.. that's all hearsay because it's something I read and I've never tried it.

Do you by chance know what that solvent was called, or where you found the info about it? I'd like to give that stuff a try.

Most auto parts stores sell it as a headlight polishing kit. 3m works the best. But it doesn't last.

As for the clear corners. I've got them on both of my SC's. Got them from supercoupeperformance.com and it takes 5 minutes to put them in. Just use an orange 3157 bulb. I've never had any problems from the police. I doubt they pay that close of attention to an old tbird.

To change the head lights is a pain to get the little clips off. If you can find lenses, you have to remove the old ones and then glue the new ones on, and make sure they are sealed up good so no moisture gets in. Too much hassle. Just get some new ones when you have the money and be done with it.

Clear corners make the car look so much better, like a newer car.

I replaced both the headlights and the clear corners on mine. I think new clear corners only with yellowed headlights may bring that "yellowed" out even more. At least with the orange corners they looked a little yellowed ;)

As for the cops etc. I used to have the tinted covers over my headlights, and the cop I talked to about it said so long as I wasn't being an ahole on the road during the day they wouldn't bother, but she even admitted that some cops are aholes themselves :cool:

Oh well... if your going to do the corners, do the heads as well.

Back