Heaadlight swap

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
This is for all those who have done the 96-97 headlight swap. I have a 95 SC.

I have the 96-97 header panel and headlights as well as the 96-97 corner lights.

I have a few questions about the fitment.

The header panel seems to sit too low below the top of the bumper cover where the 3 push pins hold it down onto the header panel. The top front of the bumper cover also hits the header panel uprights.

Did anyone have to cut the uprights it so slip further onto the header panel, or was it a direct fit. Were there are other fittting issues as well for the headlights?

Also I have a 96-97 Ram air hood on its way. Is this very hard to fit? It hasn't gotten here yet, just wondering.

Smitty

Ive done the 96/97 Headlights with a 94/95 front bumper cover on a couple TBirds. I didnt have any real issues .. it is a tight fit between the inner corners of the headlights and the front bumper cover. And where the front bumper cover mounts to the headlamp mounting panel with those 3 push pins, I pulled the cover forward enough to be even with the hood, and drilled new holes for the push pins to mount into the headlamp panel. After that everything fit okay .. just make sure those bumper tabs go in the slots on the panel right below the headlights so it sits right.

- Dan

Back