Door Locks on '95

Raymondo

The door lock switches on the door panels will not lock the doors. They will unlock them but not lock. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Ray

Try this first. If you have the keypad on the door, press the 7&8 together and see if the door locks or use your remote to lock. If that actuates the lock in locking mode then I'd remove the switch that on the door panel and insure it's connected tight, look for broken wires or clean/replace the switch.

Try this first. If you have the keypad on the door, press the 7&8 together and see if the door locks or use your remote to lock. If that actuates the lock in locking mode then I'd remove the switch that on the door panel and insure it's connected tight, look for broken wires or clean/replace the switch.

Hey Rick. I tried the remote and the keyless entry and both lock and unlock the doors, but neither one of the switches in the door panels will lock the doors. Grrrrrr

Both switches are bad? I guess that’s possible but not likely. I'm betting there's a open connection somewhere between item 119 on ether the driver's or passenger’s side. Maybe a bad switch on either side could case this problem too.

Attachments

• locks.jpg
    locks.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 47
All the switch does is change the direction of flow of the electricity. The switches are wired seperatly to each door lock actuator.

Back