quick ? about mounting an IC fan

I just mounted mine low enough to be able to pull the bottom alternator bolt all the way out. I don't think it matters much as long as it's pulling air.

I would say nearer the opposite end of the inlet/outlet. Air is going to take the least resistance path, which means it'll travel down the length of the end tank until pressure forces it through the cooler.

Use 2 10" fans side-by-side. I even have a new one I'll make you a deal on. It's a 2100 CFM Perma-Cool unit. I installed it on my DIC, but never wired it or used it at all.

forgot to mention that the fan will be mounted on the bumper side of the IC, not the radiator side. so it will be pulling.

dont know if that affects anything :confused:

no, it will be pushing. ;)

i've already mounted the fan as a pusher and it didnt exactly push air thru the core but more out the sides of the fan.

i pulled it out and hooked it up to a battery and , as a pusher it didnt blow air straight but out the sides still. i reversed it and as a puller it moved alot of air the way it should.

hope that wasnt too confusing....

A cooling fan is less Effective as a pusher then a Puller..

Even as a 10" fan over a 12" square piece, the fan would be more effective as a puller then pusher..

I use a 10" fan as a Pusher on a Secondary AC condensor at work.. but i also make up `L' braces to cap off the Edges of the Condensor and to `block' the over hang of the fan.. and it's only done this way do to lack of space to use the fan as a puller.

Back