coolant system question

jludorf

I am adding a gauge for coolant for my car so I can have a better idea what my engine temperature is and I have had to raise the current sensor so I can put a T and have a sensor for both gauges. By doing so I have raised the sensor abouve the stem used for bleeding the colant system.
My plan is to raise the bleeding stem using some fittingss now is this going to cause and problems?
I have included 3 pictures below

John

Attachments

• DSCF0071.JPG
    DSCF0071.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF0074.JPG
    DSCF0074.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF0075.JPG
    DSCF0075.JPG
    325 KB · Views: 86
Nice work but one problem....

No flow over the sensors so your not going to get accurate temp readings. I've installed an aftermarket replacing the stock sensor and I'm still reading almost 15 degree's lower than the car actually is. The sensor is not in the flow of the coolant so its only getting a passive temperature reading.

I'm going to drill and tap a hole for the sensor on the brass fitting coming out of the intake manifold that has the ECT sensor on it so the sensor will be in the coolant flow.

Thanks,
I did not realize that would affect it. I have a better idea now that you say that. I have the sensor on the passenger side and I will now put one on the passenger side too.
John

Back