Most amazing Sc found

It's not the MOST amazing SC I've seen. There was one that traded hands a couple of years ago with 000007 miles on it. Still had the plastic on the seats. I think it was a red 89 5-speed w/titanium interior. I've also seen a couple of sub-100 mile 35th. cars trade hands.

JD

Yes, I did notice that. I dont think it looks better than the one you sold me Jerry, except for maybe the hood. Especially under the hood. That sealant crap looks horrible and everything that can rust...is. It is a nice car though...

Did anyone notice that the door hinges are already bad.

I refuse to believe the door hinges are bad enough to cause the door to hit the body after only 5K miles. There must be another explaination for why the paint on the B-post is damaged. Notice that the damage is on the passenger side, and it typically gets much less use than the driver's side. Also notice that the driver's side doesn't have the damage. Doesn't make sense. I think I'll drop a note to the seller and ask, just to get the story...

JD

Yes, I did notice that. I dont think it looks better than the one you sold me Jerry, except for maybe the hood. Especially under the hood. That sealant crap looks horrible and everything that can rust...is. It is a nice car though...

Hey, how's my ol' SC doing? Wished I'd kept it now; I took a job in August thats 3.5 miles from my house. No more 155 mi/day driving. Can't bring myself to drive the white car, though; had to get another driver.

I can't understand the door hinge issue on that 5K mile car. When I sold you the titanium SC at around 114K miles, it didn't have much noticeable hinge wear at all.

Anyway, shoot me some photos of the car if you get a chance, and bring me up to date on what you've been doing with it.

JD

I refuse to believe the door hinges are bad enough to cause the door to hit the body after only 5K miles. There must be another explaination for why the paint on the B-post is damaged. Notice that the damage is on the passenger side, and it typically gets much less use than the driver's side. Also notice that the driver's side doesn't have the damage. Doesn't make sense. I think I'll drop a note to the seller and ask, just to get the story...

JD
You're right, hinge damage doesn't make sense, but that looks exactly like the mirror image of my driver's side hinge damage. It will be interesting to know if the seller responds to your question.

I think the car may have been repainted. Door damage might be due to the door not being properly adjusted after re-installation.

Hey, how's my ol' SC doing? Wished I'd kept it now; I took a job in August thats 3.5 miles from my house. No more 155 mi/day driving. Can't bring myself to drive the white car, though; had to get another driver.

I can't understand the door hinge issue on that 5K mile car. When I sold you the titanium SC at around 114K miles, it didn't have much noticeable hinge wear at all.

Anyway, shoot me some photos of the car if you get a chance, and bring me up to date on what you've been doing with it.

JD
Speaking of your old cars, I see your old red XR7 around often. I ended up having the privilege of fixing the electrical problem. Turns out it was the EEC. I think it might have been damaged during the electrical fire or something.

Speaking of your old cars, I see your old red XR7 around often. I ended up having the privilege of fixing the electrical problem. Turns out it was the EEC. I think it might have been damaged during the electrical fire or something.

Glad it's alive and well. I haven't heard from Tony in awhile; I'd like to see some new photos. I'm not surprised there were a few remaining electrical gremlins. That thing went HARD to ground when the ignition switch shorted. I'm sure it does all kinds of bad things with solid state circuits. I got all of the cosmetic, and most of the electrical problems sorted out, but never had time to dig into the electronics too deeply. That one definately deserved a second chance...

JD

Cars doing very well Jerry. Ive done quite a bit of work to it. New battery, New rotors calipers and pads. New tires. New head unit, speakers, amps and sub woofer. Tinted the windows. New window motors. I built another tranny for it. The one thats in it has a few issues. It really looks exactly the same inside and out. Except for the tint. I did take it to West Virginia and back. Thats when i decided its time to do something about the transmission. Its sliding into each gear very hesitantly. Its not gonna last very long like that. I tried playing with the t.v. pressure. I suspect one of two things, the valvebody, or its not a SC spec tranmission. It only does it when you get on the accelerator past half throttle. It was a junk yard tranny so....I also fixd the battery drain. It was the eec power relay. I fixed the air conditioning too. New compressor, lines, accumulator, condensor. Well, everything but the evaporator. I also have alot of aftermarket stuff for it that ive been collecting over the last year. I have two new engines. One stock built, one far from stock. I have another tranny with a one piece input shaft and stall that i built last year. Over sized valves, large cam, springs, retainers, locks, Auburn locker, gears, injectors, intake, double I/C, I/C fan etc..etc..etc... But i know your not interested in that stuff. I was planning on building a different car, but it turned out to be in worse shape than i thought so i junked it and bought yours. I still havent put 2k miles on it yet!!! Dave

Cars doing very well Jerry. Ive done quite a bit of work to it. New battery, New rotors calipers and pads. New tires. New head unit, speakers, amps and sub woofer. Tinted the windows. New window motors. I built another tranny for it. The one thats in it has a few issues. It really looks exactly the same inside and out. Except for the tint. I did take it to West Virginia and back. Thats when i decided its time to do something about the transmission. Its sliding into each gear very hesitantly. Its not gonna last very long like that. I tried playing with the t.v. pressure. I suspect one of two things, the valvebody, or its not a SC spec tranmission. It only does it when you get on the accelerator past half throttle. It was a junk yard tranny so....I also fixd the battery drain. It was the eec power relay. I fixed the air conditioning too. New compressor, lines, accumulator, condensor. Well, everything but the evaporator. I also have alot of aftermarket stuff for it that ive been collecting over the last year. I have two new engines. One stock built, one far from stock. I have another tranny with a one piece input shaft and stall that i built last year. Over sized valves, large cam, springs, retainers, locks, Auburn locker, gears, injectors, intake, double I/C, I/C fan etc..etc..etc... But i know your not interested in that stuff. I was planning on building a different car, but it turned out to be in worse shape than i thought so i junked it and bought yours. I still havent put 2k miles on it yet!!! Dave

Sorry to hear about the trans problem, but sounds like you've got it taken care of now. The trans came out of a 93 SC; I saw it in the car. But, you never know if it was switched earlier. Don't get me wrong, I like well modified cars, too. That one is a good candidate for some "enhancements".

Are you planning on keeping the stock radio and speakers, or are they up for grabbs? I wouldn't mind having a spare on the shelf...

JD

If you don't mind a project car, we can easily do something about that Jerry ;)

BTW.. I finally got Red's AOD working correctly... and have a rebuilt spare, having applied all my hard learned knowledge, in my garage. I haven't forgotten about that other tranny. So if it comes down to needing a working AOD in the future, I can assist. :cool:

Rich

If you don't mind a project car, we can easily do something about that Jerry ;)

BTW.. I finally got Red's AOD working correctly... and have a rebuilt spare, having applied all my hard learned knowledge, in my garage. I haven't forgotten about that other tranny. So if it comes down to needing a working AOD in the future, I can assist. :cool:

Rich

Hey Rich,

Are you ever going to come get that thing??? It's still sitting in the shop; I just can't bring myself to let it sit outside. Seriously, no hurry; it's not going anywhere. Come by sometime when you're in town. If I ever find myself headed your way, I'll haul it up.

I already got myself another driver. Not a Ford, but at least a feline relative...

JD

Hey Rich,

Are you ever going to come get that thing??? It's still sitting in the shop; I just can't bring myself to let it sit outside. Seriously, no hurry; it's not going anywhere. Come by sometime when you're in town. If I ever find myself headed your way, I'll haul it up.

I already got myself another driver. Not a Ford, but at least a feline relative...

JD
Well, they're pretty well sealed up.. in fact, with red's original busted shaft tranny, I let it sit out in the rain, dirt, etc for about 6months thinking I'd never need it again. When it got to the point that I did need it, I retrieved it, pulled it apart, and it looked great inside. Oh, and it will fit inside the trunk of the supercoupe with the trunk lid closed, so guess what I'll be driving over in. :D

I think the car may have been repainted. Door damage might be due to the door not being properly adjusted after re-installation.

Why would it need to be repainted if it was actually only 5k miles. Well it didnt sell dont know why so many things dont seem right about that sc

Back