Is GP Sorensen OPS129 the correct oil pressure sensor?

SCCoupe50

I bought two of these form seperate Advance Auto Parts stores and they both seem to be switches. The gauge goes all of the way to the right when the car is running and all of the way to the left within seconds of shutting the car off. The gauge doesnt slowly go down as oil pressure drops, it just drops to the left quickly. Checking online and in store is says its for a gauge, not a light. Anyone else run into this?

Jason

no matter what you put on unless its a manual gauge it will snap back when ignition is turned off . electricity is off so it wont drop slowly

Im actually working on making a digital oil pressure gauge of my own and assumed that the stock replacement sender was one of the 10-180ohm types. What sender should I be using to actually show a resistance to ground based on the pressure?

Jason

The stock sensor is literally an off on switch. It switches on at around 7psi. If you read that article, those sensors are variable and I believe from what I'm told are used in the mustangs for oil pressure.

Ahh, I see. So the stock gauge just showed pressure or no pressure. Why not just use a light like other vehicles? Sounds like I just bought two switches that I didnt need instead of the variable sends that I did need.

Thanks all.

EDIT: The PS60 mentioned in the article is available at Autozone, but the electrical connector looks different in the picture. Has anyone used this? Perhaps its just the wrong picture on the website?

Last edited:
Back