Screamin' Demon coil as replacement?

joenintiesc

I've been reading through all of the past posts on this coil pack and still can't decide if it is worth it- seems like just as many people have had problems as have been satisfied?

I was having issues and after replacing the wires, swapping the DIS, checking all of the connections, the problem was finally solved when I swapped out the coil pack with one that was lent to me. Since I have to give it back, I'd rather buy a new one, and the Screamin demon version is cheaper than buying a new Motorcraft replacement...:confused:

Any thoughts? Seems like the SD would be a good bet as a replacement, but I really don't feel like pulling the plugs I just replaced to widen the gap. Is that really neccesary? I'm running Autolite 103's gapped at .40 and the 1.7 AR.

Thanks for any input!

Wouldn't re-gap the plugs. I would probably give the coil pack a try if I needed a new one (because of reasonable price), but I wouldn't buy one expecting a performance increase.

David

I have the SD coil on both my birds with no issues. The 95 has the wide gap the 90 doesn't. I get a bit better gas mileage on the wide gap. This winter I'm pulling the plugs on the 90 to increase the gap to see if that makes a difference.

On a supercharged car I would keep the gap at factory specs especially if more boost is being produced then factory. You can experiment widening the the gap till you notice a negative impact such as hesitation or breaking up but by all means use their maximum as a maximum.

I had great results with thier dual coil packs on my 95 aed bird. I didnt increase the gap however I noticed an immediate smoother feel when accelerating at part throttle. Ive also used thie rproducts on my 5.0 cars with great results

Alrighty then, thanks for the input. I'm going to give it a shot and see if I notice a difference.

Hey Pat, how is the SC running with the new motor and nifty upgrades?

Back