TPS wiring - 88 5.0 to 91 5.0 style sensor

91XR7parts

Hey guys I could really use some help here,:confused:

I need to know what 3 wires on the Throttle Position Sensors (TPS) from 88 correlate to the 3 wires on a 91' XR7 TPS.

Background Info:

My dad, brother, and I installed a '91 XR7 5.0 HO + AOD into a '65 Ford F-100.

My younger brother who is driving the truck wants better performance so he is installing an Edelbrock Performer intake on the 5.0. The intake came with a larger throttle body (70mm I think). I noticed that the TB is made for the earlier style TPS that came in late '80s mustangs/ thunderbirds and needed the throttle cable bracket from the same style of intake.:rolleyes:

I went to the salvage yard and got that style of TPS (and screws) and the appropriate bracket. This TPS bolts on and is made for that TB.:D

Questions:
1) If I swap the TPS will it work---both are 3-wires and do the same thing so I assume it will.:confused:

2) What colors of the 3 wires from the earlier TPS are the same as the later TPS?

3) Wiring diagrams work too...I can figure it out myself if I had these...

THANKS!

Kent:p

Anybody?

Should I just use the cougar one and make an adapter to move it 90 degrees and drill the screw slots out so I can tune it to the proper range?

What do other people do when they use performance throttle bodies intended for the straight style intake and throttle bodies that came on mustangs and earlier t-birds?

Thanks

PLEASE somebody help a noob!

We have everything bolted up now but just need to figure out this tps thing.

I would really like to splice in the mustang tps if this is possible.

What do you guys do when you use the different style of 5.0L intake/TB?

Back