Found a new methanol kit

The main reason why folks like myself went with the snow kit is that it doesn't work off boost. It works off actual airflow. This is more of a driving force on the load on a motor than boost. It also allows progression, such that as engine load goes up (more air) more liquid can be added.

This is especially important when you consider the impact that belt slip can have on the motor, where as load begins to peak, boost begins to drop or doesn't increase along with things. You need more juice at those times, not less.

Thus with those thoughts in mind, I jumped on the snow system.

Well enough to offer a significant reduction in IACT by themselves. Combined with a good IC fan temperatures can be greatly reduced.

For the price you midas well throw a 60hp nitrous dry kit on it as it does the same thing basicly and makes a lot more power!

Pretty much but with the added strain to the motor that the N2O brings.

How's that cranberry juice.

Pretty much but with the added strain to the motor that the N2O brings.

How's that cranberry juice.

Nitrous cools the intake charge and adds HP...

If for purely HP I;d go nitrous anyday over a meth kit.

Nitrous isn't a comparable source to methanol injection. One is a power adder and the other is a fuel source for the most part. Cooling is only secondary.

I don't think we can even view the meth kits as a fuel source in the manner with which they are being used. Most of them use Windshield washer fluid or de-icer rather than pure methanol. More to cool the ACT as water is a 50% component.

The main benifit of using methanol injection is the ability to run more boost and more timing on pump gas (equals more HP all the time). I'm using a Snow Performance system on both my cars for that very reason. On the v6 car I'm using the MAF voltage controller, and on the v8 turbo car I'm using a dual nozzel higher pressure system with a Boost level refrenced controller. Both cars are setup and tuned for using the Meth injection full time.

David

I have in the past used water/alchy injection for the reduced ACT..Not really an octane enhancer. Ive used window wiper fluid because it was easier to tap into!

When you start using meth as a fuel source and octane enhancer is when you risk blowing thinsg up with it. Of course there are failsafes but none are 100%..And with a system that is on 100 % of the time..I'd hate to see a problem. Casey plans on running and being tuned for 100 meth...should be interesting

On the v6 car I'm using the MAF voltage controller

Dave
Is this adjustable or does it have a set voltage it shoots at. I was looking into putting one on one of my car soon I was not looking into getting a tune. I was just looking into cooling my ACT and kill some heat soak. Is the tune necissary or could it just be used in the manner I intend. So can I just hook it up and let it ride without causing any damage.

Last edited:
Im with Dave on this one. With the meth kit I use Methanol and Water and it has helped my ACT hugely. It has also allowed my timing to be advanced to 34 degrees.... yeh... I have the Snow kit that runs off the MAF.

Back