OK Shock Experts Please Step Up And Identify This Shock

rickbtbird

So this is the forth rear shock (two orders of two) I got this week that appear to be the wrong parts in the box. A Ford dealer looked up the part number for a 1995 Thunderbird Super Coupe and came up with F4SZ18125BA Rear suspension - Suspension components - Shock - W/supercoupe W/supercoupe Back 1994 - 1995. They placed the order through Vintage Parts out of Beaver Dam, WI. The first order came in on Tuesday and the boxes said AA-561 which appears to be a MotorCraft Part Number and under that it also says F4SZ-18125-BA which is the Ford Part Number.
Today's order came in with the same identical boxes and the same shock.

What I got looks like a truck or a van shock. See attachment.
Does anybody know what vehicle this shock belongs too?

The company is:
Vintage Parts, LLC
120 Corporate Drive
Beaver Dam, WI 53916-3116

Has anyone else had this experience?

Attachments

• dumbshock.jpg
    dumbshock.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 135
  • goodshock.jpg
    goodshock.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
This won't help this time, but it is usually a good site to find information.

http://motorcraft.com/catalog.do

I put the Ford number in and it came up but when you click the BG (buyers guide) to find what vehicle it fits it came up blank.

dbd

This won't help this time, but it is usually a good site to find information.

http://motorcraft.com/catalog.do

I put the Ford number in and it came up but when you click the BG (buyers guide) to find what vehicle it fits it came up blank.

dbd

Been there, done that as well. Thanks for the effort.
If you go to www.ford-parts.com and look in their catalog the Ford part comes up and a Super Coupe Rear shock. That's not the dealer I ordered from but I use them sometimes to look up part numbers..

Attachments

• shockford-parts.jpg
    shockford-parts.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Cantact Fast Ed......I am sure he can help given he works as a Parts Service Technician for Fines Ford in Canada. He might be able to find out if it is a Ford listing problem too.

I would guess you are right a truck, van, explorer or ranger. I can't think of any ford cars set up that way.
Alan

Back