Back in the SC game

T-bird Tim

Well I sold my 92 5-speed SC last month and bought a very nice 5.0 bird. I was planning a buildup for the v-8 but missed the whine and performance of the SC. It seemed my SC was way quicker than the 5 litre bird. Some years back I had a very nice 35th that I had sold. I came across it again and am going to buy it next week. It has a new clutch, 3.55 gears, CAI, 75mm t-body, full custom exhaust (SCP copy), ported blower and intake with coated rotors and 10% pulley, 36lb injectors, 155 lph fuel pump, lowering springs, about 7500 miles on the motor, cervini ram air hood and new 18x9 Bullitts with new tires. I sold it for $5000 and am getting it back for $2000. It needs new paint and seats recovered and could use a new shifter but otherwise is mechanically sound. I'm going to bring it back to the condition it was in when I had it and continue with the upgrades. I'm never going to sell it again. Wasnt until after I sold it that I found out how few of the 35ths were built with the 5-speed. The v-8 bird is nice and reliable but there's just no substitute for the SC.

haha.....you didnt tell me you sold the 5 spd I sold you 6 months ago....haha....

but oh well....I am going to be happy with the 5.0 bird as I can work on it easier than the SC...it reminds me of my Cobra only nicer

Looking forward to picking it up from you in October...

Mike

Having been in the same boat as you, I can relate to the feeling of getting a 2nd chance with a car you know you sahould have never gotten rid of in the first place.
Congrats on getting your 35th back and we can't wait to see the work as it progresses! ;)

well since I am surrounded by rednecks , I must opt for the more garden variety car and not the SC....I have the same problem with my SHO...if I cant fix it..it wont get fixed...so I am selling it....

dont worry the 5.0 will get much attention and be up there with you SC guys sooner or later...parts for 5.0=cheap

Same Here

Well I sold my 92 5-speed SC last month and bought a very nice 5.0 bird. I was planning a buildup for the v-8 but missed the whine and performance of the SC. It seemed my SC was way quicker than the 5 litre bird. Some years back I had a very nice 35th that I had sold. I came across it again and am going to buy it next week. It has a new clutch, 3.55 gears, CAI, 75mm t-body, full custom exhaust (SCP copy), ported blower and intake with coated rotors and 10% pulley, 36lb injectors, 155 lph fuel pump, lowering springs, about 7500 miles on the motor, cervini ram air hood and new 18x9 Bullitts with new tires. I sold it for $5000 and am getting it back for $2000. It needs new paint and seats recovered and could use a new shifter but otherwise is mechanically sound. I'm going to bring it back to the condition it was in when I had it and continue with the upgrades. I'm never going to sell it again. Wasnt until after I sold it that I found out how few of the 35ths were built with the 5-speed. The v-8 bird is nice and reliable but there's just no substitute for the SC.

I had a 1993 5sp SC I bought from the Ford dealer I managed in 1999. Kept it for a couple of years then sold it to a friend, who sold it to friend. I just bought a 1991 Automatic SC---and also found the 1993 I used to have sitting in that same person's house. Looks like it's been there for awhile (nests in the engine compartment) but the grandmother tells me it still runs. They only parked it because the idiot kept driving it without a license and grandma is protecting him. Going to try and get it back...

Back