Let's take bets on what the problem is......

z90sc

....car has been running great,went to the store this evening,left the store and the the car won't start...just cranks,tries to start,catches for an instance then quits.I checked the usual,upshift light goes off while cranking:crank sensor ok...tach signal working while cranking:DIS apparantly ok...tried cranking numerous times:cam sensor should be ok....can't tell if the fuel pump is running...checked the pump shutoff switch/fuses,ok....my guess is possibly bad fuel pump or clogged fuel filter...and I just filled the tank too!Any input or ideas are appreciated.Thanks......
z

I'm going to assume, since you have a decently modded car, that you have an aftermarket pump. Sit in your car, lower your head as far as you can with the door open to see if you can hear your fuel pump whenever you turn the key on. Don't turn the motor over, just key on to see if you can hear the pump prime. Then once you hear it prime, push in the shrader valve to see how the fuel squirts out. If it shoots out well enough then you should be okay with fuel.

I'm going to assume, since you have a decently modded car, that you have an aftermarket pump. Sit in your car, lower your head as far as you can with the door open to see if you can hear your fuel pump whenever you turn the key on. Don't turn the motor over, just key on to see if you can hear the pump prime. Then once you hear it prime, push in the shrader valve to see how the fuel squirts out. If it shoots out well enough then you should be okay with fuel.

will do,tried to listen for the pump running while waiting for AAA.,had the car towed home,they just love putting this thing on a rollback,thankfully the AAA guy had some boards with him...these things always happen to me when I'm not in a position to do anything about it at that moment....car will have to sit for a few days...thanks for the input....anybody else?
z

Check your gas cap ?---better than no quess at all

Good Luck

....Thanks,you need to hook up wth Mike Cate.....he just moved up your way..great guy,he's got a beautiful black modded SC plus he's pretty SC savvy.He was the moderator for our local SC club...
z

What's your mileage?

sounds like the timing chain has jumped a cog! It will tease you to start until you kill the battery. it will lead you to believe it wants to start but won't ! if it does it will backfire ,fart , spit and stall!! if there are alot of miles on it tear it apart. there is no distributor to check if the rotor was misaligned so i am not sure how you would check that ! anybody concur? or am i just drinking to much !! Maybe that was on "another world" hmmm

by the way i purchased another toy. an 04 ram SRT-10 this truck is AWESOME!!!! the t-bird was great but i can't wait to get in that truck!!! 0 to 100 mph in half the time!! I will get into t:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:rouble for sure !!!

Attachments

• black viper truck.jpg
    black viper truck.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 48
Let's take bets on what the problem is...... Update..

.....well,can't hear the fuel pump priming when I turn the key and there's no pressure at the schrader valve,so.......looks like the fuel pump is bad...I knew that I should have changed that when I had the car apart.....any good ideas of how to easily drain 16 gallons of fuel so that I can drop the tank?
Thanks,
z

any good ideas of how to easily drain 16 gallons of fuel so that I can drop the tank?
Thanks,
z

Z, I'll bring my car over and we can siphon it into my tank.....lol

I hope all of my recent bad luck ( car related ) isn't switching to you.

Make sure your fuel cut off switch in the trunk hasn't tripped.

Last edited:
by the way i purchased another toy. an 04 ram SRT-10 this truck is AWESOME!!!! the t-bird was great but i can't wait to get in that truck!!! 0 to 100 mph in half the time!! I will get into t:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:rouble for sure !!![/QUOTE]

9 MPG :p

Back