innercooler tube to power steering pump bracket

mrbrasky

notice the bolt securing upper innercooler tube to the power steering pump bracket is missing. Lower bolt is present but nut is missing. are these critical. I have no idea how long the've been gone.

Not really. Is the stock top on? After installing a raised top, these don't line up anymore.

I wouldn't worry about it. After installing a raised top, the upper tube mounting bolt din't line up so I just removed the stud.

The lower nut is a pain in the asss to get on and may have been left of after some work was done on the car.

mine is off also, but because i remembered the bolt after getting the ic gaskets sealed and the hat back on. It wouldnt align up anymore but i have a full 20 in/hg vacuum so i tossed the bolt.

u can leave the bolt for the upper tube out but the lower does need some kind of support. so leaving 1 of the 2 bolts in the lower one would be smart.

u can leave the bolt for the upper tube out but the lower does need some kind of support. so leaving 1 of the 2 bolts in the lower one would be smart.

Good thought... otherwise your asking the joints like the collar nut etc to take on the full weight of the IC and IC tubes... maybe leading to leaking if you rattle the motor enough?

Back