can i gauge the air charge temp

92sclikenew

is there a way to get the air charge temp to show on a gauge.. so i can see how hot my air temps are now and then say after i do a front mount.. or even say so i can see what my temps are all the time..

might be no help for anything but i could tell if i needed to stay out of the go pedel and not make the car start to detonate:eek:

The IAC sensor is resistance based just like the ECT sensor. You could get a volt meter and hook it up, then calculate what the IAC (ACT) temp is based on that. The lower the voltage the hotter it is.

Here's a link that explains it.

http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=29

If I remember right, the EEC starts backing off timing once the ACT's get up around 140 or so.

if my lower tube is cool enough to grab onto and hold i wonder what temp it might be ??

Last edited:
i was looking in to doing that. summit sells some digital gauges that are for air temps. im wondering what the sender looks likes so i can figure out the best place to drill and tap it into something.

Well, thinking this way for romping with a little time between... and no OD on the blower.

1. Single IC, no fan..... a couple of good romps and bets are off for not pulling timing.

2. Single IC, fan, no shroud..... make it 3 good romps so to speak.

3. Single IC, fan, shrouded..... make it 4.

4. Double IC, no fan, same as 2... 3 romps.

5. Double IC, fan, no shroud.... same as 3.. 4... maybe 4 1/2.

6. Double IC, fan, shroud, good for maybe 5.

7. FMIC, no fan... same as say 4, maybe at a 3/4.

8. FMIC, puller fan, bit better than 6 perhaps.

9. FMIC, puller and pusher fan, long ways to getting there. Prob is now the amount of draw on the alternator to power all those fans :eek:

10. Cut the nose of the SC with FMIC..... BIG time cooling ;)

From what I know of how fans work etc, I bet a single IC with 2 six inch fans all shrouded will be better than a double IC with a single non shrouded 8 inch fan.

Now redesign, how the air comes out of the IC tube to evenly distribute the air through the IC will be better yet.

But the cruncher is... ALL SC's really suck for air flow into the front for any cooling... focus on that problem and I bet a single IC with shrouded fan's can work real sweet....

Just my pathetic opinion ;)

Back