My first problem!

blazzn

I need help!!

ok, I've had this car for 3 weeks now and I have encountered my first problem...

I started the car and within a minute it started idling really high at 2300 rpm.

At first I thought it was the IAC valve, so I replaced it and I still have the same problem.

I think it might have to do with the vacum system but I'm not sure??

If anyone can relate to this problem please help me out!!

Thanks

Where did you get the replacement? If you got it from the chain stores or even Napa, its probably the wrong part. Even though it is listed as a replacement. Thats because the aftermarket part requires you mount it backwards. Problem with the SC is the Oil filler tube prevents this. The proper part is the Motorcraft from Ford, or I believe Advanced Auto has a suitable part.
The proper part will have the valve closed against the seat when you look at it and it won't have an extension wire bundle.

I got it from PartsSource, I don't know if you've heard of it

I noticed they look different and also the factory has a plastic casing where this one is metal...

do you think there might be any other things that can be a factor like throttle gasket??

you guys were right!

I went to the scrap yard and got a used IAC valve and it worked, I took back the other one I bought and they wouldn't believe me that it doesn't work...

but I still got my money back and my car is running!

Unfortunately your friendly Ford dealer is the only place to get a replacement IAC valve that works properly on our cars.

Back