18x7.5 wheels

grateful_carl

I know wheel size has been widely posted in this forum; I bought some ADR 18 x 7.5 wheels on FleaBay designed for a Volvo C70; right bolt pattern, right offset, hub center a little larger (73.1mm v. 63.9 for our cars) but rims are centered on bolts anyway. Bought a set of hub centric adapters on FleaBay for $10 or so...

Gives us more options when looking at aftermarket rims without having to change bolt patterns or use spacers, or go with the overpriced, heavy, and overused (IMHO) Cobra Rs.

I put 255/45/18 tires on the rims--fits perfectly (but very close) with no rubbing whatsover on my stock 91 SC. Since most folks in this forum use 8" or wider rims I suppose that is why they recommend 245/45/18 and say that the 255 series willl rub or kiss the fenders. Mine does not rub on any road surface or any turning radius. While some tire manufacturers recommend at least 8" rims for this size tire my professional installers thought it fit well and frankly from ride and looks it fits just fine with no uneven wear down the center or anything like that.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0565.JPG
    IMG_0565.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
looks good! And it looks like you could (slam) the punk on 40series. If you wanted 2o.

Last edited:
Yes I can see why some lower their springs with our huge wheelwell. Just too much work and too far from stock for me...I'm sticking with mild improvements that can be easily bolted back to stock because the car only has 60k miles or so...

Ya it still looks to be in good shape from here. Take care of it. If you lowered it 1.25 to 1.50in. with some progressive rates, It would actually ride and handle better, Did for me.

Back