Oil pressure switch

Ironsam63

I'm going to run a new wire to the oil switch just wondering whats the best way to connect the wire to the oil switch instead of using the old connector? I want it to stay tight and have good contact not like the stock connector.

If the top of the switch is threaded as I recall, how about putting two nuts on it and sandwiching a ring connector inbetween?

That's what I did. I believe a standard machine screw nut fit on there. It was either 10-32 or 8-32 I believe.

Ok I did this with 2 nuts 1 lock washer and a round connector. I removed the 20 ohm resistor on the wire just like the " How To " article said to do and now my oil pressure gauge is pinned all the way up passed the " H " (high) and won't come down. Did I miss something or did something wrong? Thanks

did you replace the sensor with the sensor that article said to use?

Using a stock sensor will give you a max reading like that cause its only full off or full on if you remove/bypass that resistor.

Actually, I did use a new stock sensor. What is the difference and can I get it at like an Auto Zone or places like that?

Thanks for the advice guys, it works great. Just a couple Questions, do I have the 20 ohm resistor behind my cluster, and do I remove it? I had the resister on the wire before the oil switch and I removed it. Also does anyone know the Oil psi. in connection to the letters on oil gauge with this set up? Thanks again.

Generally if the resistor was in the wire it wouldn't be in the gauge cluster. If it is in the cluster, all I did was take a piece of wire and soldered it on the connections the resistor used and left the resistor there so you can go back to stock if you wanted easily. I did because I installed an after market.

As for readings, your best to get a real oil pressure gauge installed to give you psi then look at what the stocker gives you. Anyways, for me hot idle gave me around the N which is around 25psi at 600rpm's and cruise gave me a reading around M which is around 65psi at 1500rpm's... according to my aftermarket gauge, and thats with Mobile 1 10W30. Thats in my car, but results do vary from car to car.

Its is HIGHLY recommended to install an aftermarket to be sure.

Back