New Tech Walkthrough.

T

TBKHomeworld

New Tech Walkthrough.

Just wanted to let you know I have a new walkthrough on my Tbird site for swapping from a stock flywheel to an aluminum one.

I'm also going to be working on more images and complete walk throughs on rear main seal, speedo gear swaping in M5R2, and clutch retainment clip. *See pics on the site for examples*

Anyway, it can all be found at sc.tbkhomeworld.com under the walkthroughs link. Check it out and if you have comments let me know.

Re: New Tech Walkthrough.

sounds awesome, im hopefully sending the SC into the shop in the next few weeks now for my tranny rebuild. Im starting to order the parts and need to get my order for the McLeod flywheel in soon so it will be ready, as well as the centerforce dual friction clutch. i will print out your walkthrough and take it to the shop with me so if they have any problems working on it, they can just refer to your directions. although i think a tranny shop should be able to get it done... but ive had people having trouble changing my oil, so hopefully all will go well. Thanks

I've got a couple thoughts.

1. The "alignment" pins. On my car they DO NOT line up between the flywheel and pressure plate holes. I think these pins might actually be used to final balance the flywheel, not for alignment.

2. The Mcleod 563203 Flywheel for SC's has an 11" friction surface. If you have a '94 or '95 SC, or just want to use the 11.5" clutch you better talk to Mcleod in person. I don't know if there will be a new part # soon or not. My flywheel is the first SC part Mcleod has made with the 11.5" friction surface.

Also Ilsnforc, I currently have all of Mcleod's SC flywheels, well the lightweight aluminum ones anyway. Hee Hee. They had two in stock, I bought one, it has the small friction surface mentioned above. I called, they modified their remaining SC flywheel to the 11.5" size and have sent that to me as well. I will be sending the 11" one back as soon as the new one arrives at my door. That will be the only one available until Mcleod makes another production run of the SC Flywheels.

I need to go back and edit the part about the alignment pins in the aluminum flywheel and about the 11" clutch vs. 11.5".

Find anything else wrong in it? (It was a minor adapatation of the AOD to 5-speed swap...so I'm expecting a few minor errors).

good luck getting in touch with McLeods tech line i tried for 5 days straight sitting at the phone for hours just redialing and redialing and came up with nothing. Finally decided to order the part number i thought it was and i got lucky. It was deffinitly lighter and nice but after having it i dont think it was worth the $430 i spent on it. Better spent elsewhere. It did make it rev smoother and a little quicker but not all that i expected.

-chris

Back