PDA

View Full Version : Quick performance question?

ncoop23
09-27-2007, 10:39 PM
This is a quick performance question I am buying a SC thats steaming ill fix that and once thats fixed I will be putting a windshield wiper tank with a mist nozzle before the SC so that as it gets pressurized it will suck all the heat out right there less heat in the entire system. The pump will have a 5PSI boost turn on and cut out if its in neutral or park using the starter disable switch. The car already has upgraded exhaust. my question is if I put a 10-15% pulley and a J-Mod on it how much better do you figure will the 1/4 be and how gasket friendly should it be? I know nothing about the SC but I have a 4.6 bird as of now and am getting bird flu over these cars.

PS: one last thing having a very high TQ/HP ratio is driving a SC much different from a V8 bird?

Mike8675309
09-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Different yes.

That sprayer nozzle will keep you off any real dragstrip. They don't appreciate water dripping onto the track.

low 14's, high 13's?

cbt
09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
i agree with that ,about the track ,and just to add ,i've even been chased out of the emission test station ,because i did'nt have an over-flow tank

ncoop23
09-27-2007, 11:56 PM
How would it leak? It is squirting into a vacuum and is off except for med-high boost conditions when there has to be a decent vac between the filter and blower? luckily there are no emission tests in Michigan.

Mike8675309
09-28-2007, 07:30 AM
I was thinking you were going to use it to spray in front of the intercooler.

I suppose you could put it just in front of the blower in the inlet plenum. You'll need to use like a sprayer nozzle that fights tight enough to not pull air through the hole you drill..