Stock Intermediate Pipe Diameter

hhmmm on the '90 docs the owner's manual says 91 octane minimum... I'm sure. Anyways that what I'm running is Pioneer's 91 octane because I have to drive over half an hour to get anything higher, and my car doesn't ping or anything.

Also, its the reason I won't OD the blower in my car, even tho at WOT my EEC is only set up for 26 degrees timing.

hhmmm on the '90 docs the owner's manual says 91 octane minimum... I'm sure. Anyways that what I'm running is Pioneer's 91 octane because I have to drive over half an hour to get anything higher, and my car doesn't ping or anything.

Also, its the reason I won't OD the blower in my car, even tho at WOT my EEC is only set up for 26 degrees timing.

Altitude plays a big factor in what octane you can get. I did several runs across the US over the years and octane is always lower in high elevations. I’m just guessing but less oxygen might require a faster burning fuel due to the ignition point being different when you're up in the Rockies. Someone else could likely explain this better and in more detail.

Last edited:
Back