AOD question

tydlwavs

So, I bought a 90 SC and it seems that when I put the car in reverse it takes a couple seconds or a flick of the gas pedal to get the car to move backwards.

I haven't checked the fluid level yet. The engine oil is one quart over so I'd imagine I'll find an interesting level in the trans.

Any opinions? The car isn't safe to drive at speed right now (rear suspension bushings are completely shot) so I don't know if anything other than first gear works in the forward gears.

I would check the fluid level before driving it and make sure it is up to proper level. If the fluid level is too low, the trans may struggle to maintain pressures causing the clutches to slip.

Now make sure that the TV cable is attached to the throttle body and that it's not loose.

Your boost valve is worn. Sonnax makes a replacement boost valve and sleeve that fixes this problem. You have to remove and disassemble the valve body to get to it. :) Call/contact any number of transmission parts suppliers, inquire about sonnax parts, and they'll know what you're talking about. :cool:

Back