Help the SC is dying

BlownSuperBird

Help please......heres the story......A few days ago i was taking a turn fast and my car died sending me almost to a corn field....The next day it died at a stoplight.....Then i punched it the next day and boost went up but rpms didnt and it sputtered and died, but the difference is this time it wont restart. I scanned it and it gives NO codes....I can get it running with some gas but i will run like junk. it dies if i idle it....and when its running it blows black smoke...so i know the fuel pump is running.(it takes a bit to get it running so thats just gas buildup from the LONG starting)....If anyone can shine the littlest ray of light on the subject i would REALLY appriciate it

I would say injectors, mine did the black smoke and dying deal and was hard to start when warm. I replaced the injectors and had no problems since.

no it doesnt start at all now and i can keep it running if i hold it over 2000 rpms....the black smoke i was referring to was just cause it takes so long to start it puffes some gas when it goes.

Black smokes means running rich, and you need to give it good sized throttle to keep it running.

How many miles are on it? I am guessing clogged cats

its got 120k on it and i think you might be right after i thought about it a bit. Ill check that tomorrow at work...anything else i should check??

What about plugs and wires? Have you check to see if you are getting spark? Sounds like what my car did when I first put it back together. I pulled the plugs on the left bank, cranked it over and checked for spark. Put in the new plugs, and repeated on the other side, and then it fired right up.

Back