first non nitrous car in the 10's with video on page 3

Kevin Leitem

first run of the day yielded a 10.975 @ 119.63 with a 1.464 60 foot. that was done with 4 degrees of timing taken out just to start off safe. second run was 1 degree timing added back and 100 rpm more on the brake(4500) and when i let go of the button on the line there was nothing but neutral in all gears. either the pump let go or something happened to the valve body. but anyway i am happy that i ran a ten. just proves to some that there is no guaranteed win in drag racing. congrats to Dave N on the win!

sorry i did not make it to the dinner after the race. but the hotel we stayed at allowed us to checkout by 4 so we left early to go back and get our things and checkout and save some money.

Last edited:
10.97 w/ stock heads. thats awsome. congrats mang. Im thinking of putting all my cashmoneys into the take as much outa the car as I can approach like you did.. seems to be workin ok for you :p

Last edited:
The heads aren't stock.

Congrats Kevin.

lol, heck even my good heads were basically stock! no porting on them, just a little bowl work. and dalke even saw them earlier this year to confirm that.

well these aren't stock, they do have screw in studs and guideplates for my adjustable rockers. so technically they are not stock.

Last edited:
- answerd above ----

? what kind of numbers was your motor putting out with your other set of heads ?

Last edited:
Kevin, your good heads got all effed up b4 shootout, and you swapped them out for stock heads right ? what kind of numbers was your motor putting out with your other set of heads ?

it did 373 2 years ago. I don't like dyno's and i did not dyno this year. but earlier in the year it went 6.76 in the eighth and the 10.97 run was with a 6.91 in the eighth. but i think i could do it again, if i ran full timing. i don't think there really is much of a difference between them after what it ran today. next year i will be putting on a set of supersix motersports heads. that should really liven her up!!!

Great job Kevin. Drag racing really beats on the drivetrain. Little surprise that the pros swap out entire drivetrains each weekend, if not each day.

The MPX really is looking like a very efficient blower. Was this on 92 octane, or did you run some race fuel blend?

Last edited:
Great job Kevin. Drag racing really beats on the drivetrain. Little surprise that the pros swap out entire drivetrains each weekend, if not each day.

The MPIII really is looking like a very efficient blower. Was this on 92 octane, or did you run some race fuel blend?

it is an MPX with VP motorsport 109. if its an easy fix i will just fix the C4, but if i have to pull it out then i might as well put a powerglide back in.

I really think it is in the valvebody, i don't think anything mechanically broke. i will check tomorrow if i have pressure. if so then it is the VB if not probably pump.

Thats awesome, nice work Kevin

So does that thing have a mini-tub or what?

no mini tub. the chassis (uni-body) is unaltered other than the removal of the factory shock mounts which make fitting wider tires possible. but they are only 10" wide. just look wider since they are on a 10" wheel.

Congrats Kevin

Kevin Congrats!

Nice run into the 10's nice work wish we would have been there but its not ment to be we gave it a good effort. The first non Nitrous SC into the 10's awesome

We have C4's running 8's for years, so I doubt you will need to change the transmission weekly. Stick to American parts in the trany and you won't have as many problems.

Back