PDA

View Full Version : New SC Owner

Loun
10-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Hey! Just thought I would introduce myself and say hi as a new SC owner in New England. I ended up buying a 91 SC last night and spent most of the day trying to get the paint to look better, its amazingly faded.

Anyhow I have all the standard questions, clutch options, brake upgrades, ... but I will do some more searching and see where that leads me first.

I will also post some pics when I get a chance to grab some. The cars been around this area for a while so it might have been a previous members.

Looking forward to learning a bunch.

-Lou

Loun
10-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Attached a couple pics of the car. The bumpers need paint bad though.. previous owner had Macco do it and they didnt do a great job with the flex additive..

JimmyMan13
10-05-2007, 08:55 AM
looks like a good car to start with. what are your plans for car? race car or street car? mostly stock or wild? you will find this site to be your best friend should you do a lot of work on your car.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433911

SCrazy
10-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Looks nice....congratulations

Loun
10-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks guys, it definitely needs a little bit of love but its not a bad place to start. As far as what im looking to do with the car, I want what everyone wants.. a quick car that I can drive on the street yet take to the strip and have fun with.

The first thing I need is a clutch. Had someone in the for sale section selling me a spec stg 2 and spec aluminum fly wheel for 360$ but then he backed out of the deal saying he "sold it to a buddy". So I will end up just getting a clutch and trying to find a fly wheel later.

I have a lot to learn about these cars, but within reason I would like to do as much bolt on most as possible without cracking open the motor. I dont know what realistic HP and tourque levels I will build for though. I do want to do 3.27s, full exhaust with headers if I can find them used, intake and supporting fuel mods. I also have a coupel nitrous kits laying around so I might put a kit on it to run a 25-50 shot just to cool the intake charge.

Still up in the air though and open to suggestions. Id like to buy all used parts or good deals lol Since this was an unexpected toy.

-Lou

frdlvr30
10-05-2007, 11:38 PM
May i suggest selling the supercoupe and buying a Kia. Maybe you can afford a "new" clutch for it. Im sure you wouldnt get much response from stepping on peoples toes on the Kia forums.

Loun
10-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks again frdlvr plese move on.. in your beligerent PM to me in between your ramblings of me being a jack ~~~ and you forgetting more over your 16 years of something or other than I will ever know, you almost gave the impression of being mature. I was hoping that was going to be your final word. Apparently not. Please for the love of god go away.

frdlvr30
10-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Maybe you'll think about it next time.......

Loun
10-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Im headed to bed so you can stop stalking my posts for tonight but as far as next time... if I find someone giving less than accurate information in a F/S add that im legitimately interested in buying the product I will call him on it again and look for an explanation. Look at the other post this morning, I tried to buy one then but the seller went back on the deal so I ended up not buying it. Im still looking for a clutch...

Goodnight

frdlvr30
10-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Im headed to bed so you can stop stalking my posts for tonight but as far as next time... if I find someone giving less than accurate information in a F/S add that im legitimately interested in buying the product I will call him on it again and look for an explanation. Look at the other post this morning, I tried to buy one then but the seller went back on the deal so I ended up not buying it. Im still looking for a clutch...

Goodnight

Buy a new one...Youll thank yourself later...

Loun
10-06-2007, 12:02 AM
http://www.lmperformance.com/10040/.html

I am now but dont know if I will get the stage 2 or 3 oh well. Thank you for the advice.

frdlvr30
10-06-2007, 12:05 AM
If your going to drive in stop and go traffic. You dont want either one.

PETEp
10-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Welcome to love hate! Love to drive our SC, Hate to have to fix them. Were in NE are you? The NE members are a small group but very helpfull when your car is down PETEp 90 SC auto black.

ald42
10-06-2007, 09:58 PM
:)Hi,welcome new guy and lol with your ride.AL D,rebuilding 93 auto.