Front Suspension Rebuild

tbirdman

Okay,
I'm going to rebuild the front suspension for my 1992 SC, and I want to do it right. I need to know what parts I have to replace. I already have TRW Upper and Lower Control Arms. What other parts should I replace? I was looking at some other posts, and I see that I might need to replace the tie rod ends, sway bar bushings (what size sway bars do the 92 SC's have?).

I was also looking at RockAuto.com at some of their parts, and I see quite a few suppliers for the same parts. Who makes the best ones? OEM Ford, Spicer, Moog, ACDelco?

Thanks in advance for any help.

where did you find the trw lower control arms? I have the 10772 but cant find the 10771 anywhere.

Rick

When I did mine I replaced the upper and lower c.a's,strutrod bushing,swaybar bushings,and swaybar endlinks and rack bushings.Where in DE are you I'm in Harrington and my Buddy Jason is in Dover?You should check out mamn12.com .

Jay

Stick with Moog or OEM Ford if you can.

Tie rod ends should only be an issue if you notice it in the steering. There are inner and outer ends.

Any rubber bushings will be worn or no longer as effective. So that means along with your control arms (that should have new bushings in them) you'll want to do the strut rods and likely the sway bar end links.

So far I have upper control arms, 1 trw lower control arm, 93 spindles, stainless brake lines and pbr brakes to go on the car. I already did a new front sway bar with new bushings and endlinks. I also have endlinks for the 93 spindles.What else should I get? Right now the car runs but has no brakes. I think I finally have a handle on the brakes. I replaced the master cylinder and have to button a few things down and bleed the brakes. Then maybe I can get it inspected, drive for a few weeks and tear it all apart again. It sucks having a new engine with 150 feet on it ( yup feet, back up, pull into the garage, back up, pull into the garage). What else should I replace?

Thanks for the info on the lower control arms. I ordered a set today.

Rick

Last edited:
Make sure you replace both the strut rod to frame and strut rod to lower control arm bushings. Also the sway bar end links should be done. These parts are responsable for most front suspension related noises, along with the lower control arm squeak.

Middletown

We should get together sometime.Jason Miller is the pres of mamn12.com and he is in Dover and his girlfriend is Karen and she has an SC also.They are both really cool people.I gotta nice garage if you need a place to do you're rebuild.

Jay

Just to let him know the strut rod to frame bushing are a f***** B**** at least mine where it took me 3 hours to get the nut off the front end of the rod went back on easy though the lower ares to tension strut bushings are a piece of cake definetly check the sway bar end links they go bad and make all sorts of noise

Back