95 to 90 MAF Swap

Rick, I think the calibration for the stock mafs are in the eec, so it being on an SC with 36# injectors shouldn't be a factor in putting it on one with 30# injectors. Are you using the electronics from the 90?

Rick, I think the calibration for the stock mafs are in the eec, so it being on an SC with 36# injectors shouldn't be a factor in putting it on one with 30# injectors. Are you using the electronics from the 90?

Yes the 90 has all it's stock electronics and injectors. Also I have an extra set of 36# injectors to replace the 30# if that were an issue.

For all intents and purposes, I don't think 50 CFM will make that much of a difference to your car if you haven't done anything else to it and you include the original electronics. In fact, frankly its a waste of time unless the original was busted.

Its when you take that MAF and add in the 36# injectors you'd better start hoping your car was running prestine in the first place so the EEC adjustment can compensate and hasn't already been maxed out, and if you go to WOT where no compensation is available......... well its your car dude.

For all intents and purposes, I don't think 50 CFM will make that much of a difference to your car if you haven't done anything else to it and you include the original electronics. In fact, frankly its a waste of time unless the original was busted.

Its when you take that MAF and add in the 36# injectors you'd better start hoping your car was running prestine in the first place so the EEC adjustment can compensate and hasn't already been maxed out, and if you go to WOT where no compensation is available......... well its your car dude.

Ok then, I guess I'll leave it alone since the motor has 98,000 mikes on it.

Dave Dalke told me the eec can't adjust from 30# to 36# on it's on, it's too big of a difference. You'd need a tune if you went to the 36# injectors.

You can swap out teh MAF....Do not swap out the injectors as has been said..The calibration is in the EEC

I gained a tenth on my stang doing that same swap. Any loss of restriction or turbulence before the blower is a good thing

You can swap out teh MAF....Do not swap out the injectors as has been said..The calibration is in the EEC

I gained a tenth on my stang doing that same swap. Any loss of restriction or turbulence before the blower is a good thing

For 50 CFM more? me don't think that will make any noticable difference.

Save up and buy a C&L.

Umm depends..

There is a reason ford swapped out Mafs. The early design was inferior..The newer 70 is more about more accurate airflow and less turbulance. The bridged MAf was the MAf design of choice before going to the third Gen and ultimately what we have now.

You can find plenty of info out there on these

Back