Best Aftermarket Heads?

NY90RedSC

Who makes the best aftermarket heads for a 90 SC and what are we looking at price-wise for said set of heads? Do the heads come bare or assembled? I'm just wondering what those who have had to tear their SC engines down have used when adding new parts...

There are no aftermarket heads (yet)....just reworked stock heads. I think Dave Dalke is porting them, along with Coy Miller, SuperSix and Morana.

David

SuperCoupes Unlimited (Dave Dalke) hand ported, CC equalized and flow balanced. That is who did my heads. Most folks I would think can do anything from bare heads to a complete valvetrain.

Cost will depend I would assume. Coy's numbers are probably high enough that it can deal with raw material price fluctuations. Though I wouldn't be surprised if costs for his stuff might be higher that listed due to the costs of steel.

As far as patience, the key is good communication. If you need the parts next week, you better tell the person you need the parts next week, and if they are hedging things with you, that means they likely can't get it done. You will always be better off if you have time as you won't get impatient.

I haven't seen any one that currently has a company and does heads get any bad marks for their work. Some folks also will do heads on the side and I believe folks that have been unhappy (if any, can't recall) made sure to say so in the bad sellers forum.

Back