pic request, SCT chip install!

johnrada

where do i plug in this lil bugger? my dad and i have the car apart right now, and probably for another week, just got the manifolds off, but while i have most of the car apart, where is this plugging in? It's for a 1992 (sc) if that helps.

Thanks in advance, and if there are more details let me know!

The ECU is in the passenger kick panel. Take off the panel held on by a tree clip. There is another black one under that. ECU is the metal box up inside there next to the glove compartment. There is a clip you have to undo and a screw. It helped me to take the glove off and get inside there. ALOT of wires so be careful with them, they control everything for your car to operate.

No need to remove the glove box, you can just open it up all the way. (push in on the sides)

Then on the ECU is a port with a black plastic plug on it. Pop the plug off and you'll see the edge connector inside there. The edge connector has a wax like coating on it that needs to be removed. The SCT chip comes with a buffing pad to remove this.

Then clip the chip on, carefully, and use some electrical tape or duct tape to go across the chip to either side of the case to help retain it from coming loose due to vibration.

thank you guys, i just got home from class but first thing tomorrow morning i'll rip that apart :rolleyes: as cleanly as possible :)

Back