stock 95 exhaust?

sinhumane

can i get a picture of a stock 95 exhaust setup? do they have the huge resonator in the middle of them? :confused: i think mine has been modified, but i'm not sure. a pic on teh car or off is fine.. i just need a 94/95 exhaust setup pic. :D

well... mine has three cats.. no resonator and two mufflers... only modification i see is two welded in patches at the end of teh downtubes.

i think a picture would be in order... i'll try to get a good pic of mine. :)

EDIT: here they are,..not the greatest.. but 3 cats.. no resonator... http://www.putfile.com/sinhumane/images/150645

Attachments

• img230.jpg
    img230.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 80
  • img231.jpg
    img231.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 69
  • img232.jpg
    img232.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 71
  • img233.jpg
    img233.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 72
  • img234.jpg
    img234.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
not all of them had 3 cats, both of my '94sc's just had the 2 small ones on the downtubes.

You think someone had already removed them? I think all the 94/95 SCs had 3 cats. It's not like Ford to do something stupid :rolleyes: like put 2 on some and 3 on the rest. :confused:

You think someone had already removed them? I think all the 94/95 SCs had 3 cats. It's not like Ford to do something stupid :rolleyes: like put 2 on some and 3 on the rest. :confused:

I think the 94/95 manual had 3 cats, and the 94/95 auto had 2 cats.

no, it had a totally stock exhaust, 2 cats, stock piece of crap resonator,2stock mufflers but that has all changed. ;)

94 / 95 manual trans had the 2 front cats, the small 3rd cat, and a small resonator. The res. was the same as a 3.8 NA with California emissions.

94 / 95 auto. trans had the 2 front cats, with a large 3rd cat, and no resonator.

cheers
Ed N.

hmm... you're right.. i have a 3rd cat and a small resonator... see teh third pic... so, do these flow any better than the 2 cat/1 lg resonator combo? and gutting all three cats would be ok, ya?

94 / 95 manual trans had the 2 front cats, the small 3rd cat, and a small resonator. The res. was the same as a 3.8 NA with California emissions.

94 / 95 auto. trans had the 2 front cats, with a large 3rd cat, and no resonator.

cheers
Ed N.

well your somewhat right. My 94sc had 2 average sized cats with one resonator and two mufflers.

If your going to gut the cats, cut them out and get test pipes welded in. I've come across several discussions and articles now on how gutted cats can actually cause more back pressure and a sudden velocity drop that will hurt performance.

IF thats a stock resonator, then get rid of that now as that is the biggest restriction on the exhaust.

well your somewhat right. My 94sc had 2 average sized cats with one resonator and two mufflers.

Both of my 94 SC`s auto`s had only 2 cats full size resonator and two mufflers. I know these were stock.
Both IL cars.

I would argue that the piece you guys think is a resonator on the 94 auto. cars is actually a large 3rd cat. The Ford listing specifically shows the 94/95 auto. system as not having a resonator. However, the parts catalogue, and I, have been wrong before. ;):p

cheers
Ed N.

I had the part in my hands tring to get all the broken parts of the cats out it. It was even necked down real small just before the cat back. Wish I had a pic of it but I think the book is wrong. I will bet that this a Californa emissions thing with a third cat.

look at my third pic.. there is a small cat (like a y-pipe almost.) and you can see the front of the resonator. my car was bought originally in kansas city, and stayed there until i owned it.. its no california special.

Yes, that is the same as the original exhaust that was on my 95 5-speed, 3 cats and a resonator.

cheers
Ed N.

wierd... ah well, i'll have a diff exhaust this weekend... i'll be sure to take a picture of my stock off of the car, and quell any rumours. :)

I would argue that the piece you guys think is a resonator on the 94 auto. cars is actually a large 3rd cat.

I just took the original cat/resonator off of my '94 auto (Canadian model). It's still in my garage so I'll take a look tonight. It sure isn't structured like any cat I've seen, but I might be wrong.

Vince

Back