vibration when turning right

midgetchaser

When I am turning right i can feel a big vibration in my shifter handle and the seat and a very little bit in the steering wheel. the car still turns fine but theres a horrid vibration and grinding noise and it gets worse with increased speed.

I checked the front suspension pretty good and everything seems solid and the lug nuts are tightened down good.

I also have a little vibration when im crusing at a certain rpm. 2000 to about 2400. im guessing its related.

The weird thing is when i turn left theres nothing even in higher speeds.

I was thinking maybe a bad trans mount thats putting tension on the driveshaft but i have no clue.

anyone have an idea?

i'm thinking motor mounts or a trans mount... is it a 5 speed or auto?

EDIT: nevermind... what you can do, put it in drive, and bring up the revs till yuo hit your torque converter's stall... then let off the gas suddenly.. listen or feel for a loud clunk.. then do the same for reverse... if it clunks, motor mounts.

Last edited:
i would have to say most likely a tranny or motor mount is bad. most of the time you can tell just by looking at them other times you have to trouble shoot them a lil. the reply before me is 1 way of shooting it another way is place a jack (with ply wood to protect the pans) under the motor, lift it just a lil and see if the mounts look ok or not. same with the tranny. also check your bell housing make sure you dont having any cracks if the mounts all look good. other then that good luck:)

motor mounts are good tranny mount looks fine but i happen to have one sitting around that ill throw in when im putting my new 3:73's in.

I took my a couple of years to figure out my steering rack piston had play on the drivers side (about 1/2").

not trans mount or motor mounts or differental bushings.
its not the rack and pinion and its not the suspension.
im getting the vibration in park neutral any gear.

and it definatly feels like its commin from somewhere behind the engine like something from the trans or flywheel or converter or something
i have no idea. and i dont feel like taking it apart to find out.
Id rather run it till it seizes or something snaps then set the car on fire.

Anyone have any Ideas?

Back