No Air Filter?!??!!

Hey guys I was looking under the hood to get ready for some modifications and I opened my air filter box up and come to see :eek:NO AIR FILTER!!!:eek:. When I bought the car 2 months ago my friend who gave it to me never told me he toook the air filter out. I have put almost 2000 miles on the car since i bought it with no air filter. Is this a really bad thing? or not a huge deal? I know it can't be good for the car I just don't know how bad it actually is for it. :confused::confused:

0.0 lol. just as long as you didnt drive thru heavy dust or anything... do an oil change, and flush it after you drain it with a quart or two of cheapie oil, then change oil and filter accordingly. you should also look at removing the air silencer below the stock airbox. a quick search will find you a tutorial. :)

It's not a good thing, but how bad it is can be difficult to measure. I would put a filter in before I started it up again, that much is certain!!

i think as long as u had the mesh screen still in the stock MAF you're ok. but yea put a filter in there ! hahaha no air filter ! .....that's a good one !

and how does that little mesh screen stop the dust particles that are big enough to score the blower walls and getting far enough to start scoring the cylinder walls etc?

ya the mesh screen is still there.....at least lol i couldn't believe there was no filter.
Air silencer comes off this weekend when i put in my new intake, maf, and tb

lol I ran my sc with out it once going to parts store to get new one sure is loud with out it dont worry it wont destroy the blower unless you live in a dust bowl or are a sc off roader but yeah get one soon as you can

i ran my lx like that (open airbox) on a city street to teh parts store and back before... loud as hell, and made that 3.8 feel SO much better! :D

Ok good I feel much better now, I was freaking out earlier when I opened that air box and it was empty lol! but ya everythings going in on sat. so its all good.:D

Most of the dust your engine sucks up is just going to blow out the exhaust.

- Dan

That screen it to keep the small birds and rodents out of the engine under boost!!:eek:

Also, you can hang MAFs in the garage as bug zappers.

Back