Weighed My Car Today

mywhite89

Just as the title states. Seems lighter then a lot of the cars on here. Without me in it, a quarter tank of gas, and probably 10 pounds worth of little cosmetic things missing it weighed in at 3740lbs.

Guess that puts it around 3900lbs with me in it.

Last edited:
I've undergone a mild weight reduction with my 89. In street trim it is about 3625 with half tank....so probably 3600 @ 1/4 tank. Subract 50 more lbs when I use the Weld Pro Stars.

Although, I have to put it back in storage soon and there are scales along the way. I'll stop this weekend and see what it says.

Mine weighed 4080 with me (190 lbs) in it and about 1/2 tank of gas at last year's shootout. Absolutely no weight reduction at all.

Mine weighed 4080 with me (190 lbs) in it and about 1/2 tank of gas at last year's shootout. Absolutely no weight reduction at all.

no wonder why you eat tranny's!! My only weight reduction is an aluminum spare tire and my skinny arse. I weigh about 160

Last edited:
Just as the title states. Seems lighter then a lot of the cars on here. Without me in it, a quarter tank of gas, and probably 10 pounds worth of little cosmetic things missing it weighed in at 3740lbs.

Guess that puts it around 3900lbs with me in it.

Chris,

Did you race your car at the Shootout ? Don't recall seeing it run.

David

Chris,

Did you race your car at the Shootout ? Don't recall seeing it run.

David

No, I had to leave after dynoing on saturday afternoon. Sounds like I missed the best part of the weekend. I don't think I met you or saw your car at all David.

Last edited:
Chris, you shagged about 15lbs out of your flywheel right?

My lightweight stuff includes:

-50#'s misc out of the car (but you won't see it :))
-15#'s wiper assembly
-15#'s AC stuff
-20#'s exhaust
-15#'s hood?
-15#'s flywheel
-15#'s soon to lose from aluminum diff.

Wheels = same weight as stock SC wheels.

Added weight includes:

-15#'s AR
-10#'s FMIC
-10#'s Cobra brakes?!?

i weighed my a/c compressor last nite to sell it on ebay and that thing alone weighed 15 lbs. so taking out the whole a/c system has to be 20+ lbs.

My SC weighed 3,651 with 1/2 a tank of gas and without me last I checked it. My LX is down to 3,510 or so in autocross trim (low gas but full interior except for rear seat).

Chris, you shagged about 15lbs out of your flywheel right?

My lightweight stuff includes:

-50#'s misc out of the car (but you won't see it :))
-15#'s wiper assembly
-15#'s AC stuff
-20#'s exhaust
-15#'s hood?
-15#'s flywheel
-15#'s soon to lose from aluminum diff.

Wheels = same weight as stock SC wheels.

Added weight includes:

-15#'s AR
-10#'s FMIC
-10#'s Cobra brakes?!?

the flywheel is light as a feather but the spec pressure plate+clutch weighs a lot more then my stock one which just about cancels that out. My driveshaft weighs a few pounds less then stock though.

Back