460 big block in my 94 cougar

blown94cougar

Well guys The 408 has been fun but I think its time for more power :) Ive got a friend with an 89 F-250 very low miles thats runs fine with a 460 he's willing to give me for some help on his other truck Im putting the 460 in the cougar The one problem Im having is I need motor mounts I can obviously make my own but I'd prefer not to have to put the engine in and out of the car a dozen times when people already know what works Hint hint Pro street Rich so any help would be appreciated Oh the truck is fuel injected and I plan to keep the engine that way though not with the same manifold I already have a 3" cowl hood and the engine has the 460 mustang swap pan on it its the same pan as the 4x4 trucks and bronco with the 460 on a side note the 351 swap pan is the same as the ford 4x4 trucks and broncos with the 351 as well ...

the efi 460 have no balls go carb.. Speed density fuel injection sucks the big one.. The old carb 460's expecially pre-smog have 4 times the power of the EFI pos.. I've drove trucks with EFI 460's and they are a joke compared to a carb 460.. I think the crappy 5.4 triton runs circles around the EFI 460... That is really really sad....

Indeed sad but i was thinking of keeping this a drop in temporarily I have a 460 EFI victor manifold with the wilson elbow I just gotta save up for the FAST computer system then going that way after I get the engine fitment issues solved

You know, the ole 3.8's supercharged are beginning to turn some impressive power numbers these days.....

Back